Changing Default Config Path (ArmyOps.ini)

vinc718

Alright so here is what I'm trying to do, by default when an AA server is installed clients are limited to the system folder which means they can not upload maps or retrieve log files. Because most of our clients play in leagues I wanted to change the default install so the user is given access to the root directory for the AA install. Then they could upload maps or download their match logs. I see in the settings for AA in "Supported Games" where you can change the user's directory, that is an easy fix, but now I want to change the path of the default config file, otherwise it sticks the config in root instead of the system folder.

I go to:

Home > System Settings > Supported Games > AA Details > Config Files

Here I see the "AA Server Configuration" so I click that and see the spot where it says "File Path (relative to user path):" which is /ArmyOps.ini and I need to change it to /system/ArmyOps.ini, but the problem here is I can't edit it. It is gray'ed out....

I'm sure it's an easy fix, but I can't figure out why it won't let me edit it. Can someone explain how to make it so tcadmin allows me to edit this field.

Thanks

You will need to create a new config template in the supported games config files, or edit the XML of the entire AA config and reimport it.

As far as I know there is no way from the panel to edit the path to a currently existing config file template.

And the one time I goofed and asked I was told to delete and redo the config file template so I'm fairly certian about the answer. ;)

• 3 years later...

I know this is an old thread but in case someone from the TCAdmin programming staff comes across it, I'd like to use it to used as a suggestion for a future TCAdmin change request. Being able to change the path of the default config files would be a extremely useful option that still does not exist. Having to recreate each config file option or export edit and re-import the game config is an awful lot of work. It just makes since to have it be an included option in the control panel. Your consideration would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,

Mike Vail

I know this is an old thread but in case someone from the TCAdmin programming staff comes across it, I'd like to use it to used as a suggestion for a future TCAdmin change request. Being able to change the path of the default config files would be a extremely useful option that still does not exist. Having to recreate each config file option or export edit and re-import the game config is an awful lot of work. It just makes since to have it be an included option in the control panel. Your consideration would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,

Mike Vail

How so?

Open the cfg in crimson editor or something similar.

Find /pathto/server.cfg whatever

REplace all with

newpathto/servercfg

Save upload/ update if exists.

Poof done in less that 1 minute.

Thank you for the reply.

Having the ability to update an existing config during the re-import process is certainly a plus. I haven't tried doing re-importing in so long I was unaware that feature was there now. That's a huge plus.

While I'd still like to see the update feature added to the control panel, this certainly is a great work-around.

Many thanks again!

Mike Vail

Archived