.NET crashing

studeggle

OK, I have a new wierd problem. Starting yesterday, .NET started crashing roughly every 19 mins. and when it goes it takes down tcadmin (running as remote) which is the only .NET application installed.

I get the following error

.NET Runtime Error

The description for Event ID 0 from source .NET Runtime cannot be found.

Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local

computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the

component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to

be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

.NET Runtime version 1.1.4322.573- Setup Error: Failed to load resources

from resource file

Please check your Setup

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the

string/message table

I have tried reinstalling .NET to no avail, and it is only doing it on one server and nothing that I can think of changed on that server.

Any ideas?

Allready try'd that. Thanks though.

Given the time where I am, I decided to think outside the box for the moment and created a scheduled task to restart tcadmin after the crashes. And I'll pick this up again tomorrow, with a clearer head and hopefully a new view.

Thanks, I didn't want to make an official help request as this is one of my two test servers that I am running Windows 2008 on. And as that is not even an officially released OS yet, let alone the standard platform for TcAdmin I felt it was more my duty to solve.

It looks (knocks on wood) like a good night sleep and retackling the problem worked :)

There were a couple registry keys that got corrupted for .NET so it wasn't running as admin. Not sure how it happened, or why uninstalling and reinstalling wasn't a fix.

Found it by comparing the registry (among other things) between working win 2008 with .NET and the nonworking one.

Sorry I didn't record which ones they were. My bad, you can take me out back and beat me :)

Archived