nebuLa

Here are my specs:

Microsoft Windows 2003 STD 32 bit SP2

SuperMicro PDSMI+ Intel Pentium DualCore SingleProc Sata [1Proc]

Intel Xeon 3060-Dual Core [2.4GHz]

2 GB DDR2

2x 250GB HDD

1000 (Mbps)

Approximately how many servers could I host using this machine? I know it depends on what games. It would be mostly Source games such as Day of Defeat Source, Counter Strike Source and maybe TF2.

Thanks for any information.

Thanks for the reply. I am running absolutely nothing but the game servers. If I doubled my ram and went to 4gb, how many more servers would you say that should allow? I am using these for my own clan and a couple friends only, so servers should be empty 60-70% of the time. But if they were all full at the same time, could I expect to run 10 servers on 4GB ? I am only running one at tickrate 100. The rest are defaults.

Id say 60-100 Active slots, depending on mods and such... By active I mean slot being full.

The machine can handle quite a bit of game instances without falter, obviously the more you add the weaker your stability will be.

4GB is always nice, id recommend it if $ isn't the issue. If it is, its not compeltely necessary.

:)

Archived