Jump to content

w3wp.exe 100%


NRTServers

Recommended Posts

Morning Folks:

 

Is any-one else having issues with w3wp.exe pulling 100% cpu usage?

 

Our new master in Dallas does this and last night was a pure nightmare to close down. when this happens I did notice a a new process that I have never seen before: TCADmin Scripting Is there something we might have missed here or a way around it?., once w3wp.exe was stopped..so away went the TSAmin scripting and all was well.

 

 

Thanks in advance

 

Dave

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sounds like the stats collection program was running and had a problem. Your database may be becoming too large and/or you are tryign to store a ton of stats data.

 

What stats are you currently collectiing, and what time intervals do you have it set too run at?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello, Just to add my 2 cents here, I have the same process running in the background and have no issues with it running cpu usages above normal. It is however taking a fairbit of ram but nothing our 4gig ecc and fb dimms can't handle ;)

 

I have to agree with the possibility that its your stats DB growing, maybe have to purge your stats table? backup first and then purge, you never know it may just be the answer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

FYI ... If you switch the IIS server for TCadmin from using .Net 1 to .Net 2, you will see a vast improvement.

It seems that .Net 1 uses all CPUs in a multi CPU enviroment where as .Net 2 load balances much better and also uses far less processor power.

We run a dual Quad core Xeon with 8gb Ram and just logging in to TCadmin was using 10% to 15% CPU usage accross all 8 cores.(Multiply that out by 40 users at peak times).

With .Net 2, it now uses 2% - 3% on 1 core only ... much better !!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess I should have clarified my prior post. I have installed and started configuring TCA and found that some of the control panel pages having strange display and formatting errors. Without doing any testing other than seeing a game could be installed and run, I found the CP site was set to run v2 instead of v1.1 and switched it to v1.1. So I know it can do some things and never really ran it to test the full functionality. The display errors were the thing I noticed first, and have never researched it any further. But I know many things were changed with v2 and when Luis and Kevin say TCA needs v1.1 installed, I assumed there are some compatibility issues with the coding and functions used otherwise they would say TCA needs v2 :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

V2 will load most of the screens but a lot of the functions will throw errors when you attempt to use them.

 

For those of you that were seeing some high CPU usage Luis found an issue with a response coming back from the filemanager causing a loop. This is current being beta tested and should be released sometime soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use