Ventrilo License

tcngs

I notice allot of you offer vent servers, I have been trying for months to get a vent license through them. I never get any response back, does any one have any sugestions on what I can do to get a license so I can start hosting vent servers?

Thanks

Get on your hands, and knees. Do a little suttin suttin, then go pray for 2 years, and you might get a response :)

The majority of us end up reselling, making no money off it and basically just reselling it for the main ability of being able to offer a product our clients want. I do everything I can to push other voice products instead of vent.

I'm mainly hoping teamspeak does a good job with v3 and puts some heat on flagship.

so if yo are reselling them through another company, then you are not able to control them through the gamepanel?

No you cannot. Most resellers give you their own reseller panel that clients can login to and control their server though.

One that pops to mind is Hurricanehost.com

I am sure there are some others out there that resell as well.

There are a few decent resellers.

However 1 thing I *HATE* in vent3.0 it has a "Rent a Server" tab on the bottom of the user right-click panel.

This takes you to the flagship page and obviously only lists the flagship licensed providers.

Major smack to the guys that resell, and resell in an honest way (only because we can't get licensed). In my opinion of course.

Are licensed companies allowed to create really extensive APIs for the ventrilo server control panel, so much that another company could basically create a fully featured ventrilo control panel based off of the licensed company's API?

I know NationVoice has an API for instant set up but I think its only limited to that

Are licensed companies allowed to create really extensive APIs for the ventrilo server control panel, so much that another company could basically create a fully featured ventrilo control panel based off of the licensed company's API?

I know NationVoice has an API for instant set up but I think its only limited to that

I would thing everyone has their own API's for automation. Most all the licensed hosters have been providing ventrilo for years now so I would find it surprising if they didn't.

I don't believe it's possible for secondary resellers to do what your saying. For one you wouldn't know how the pro version works enough to build a panel to control it and two it's a strict violation of the license to give any type access to the binaries or any information of what it contains. In a nutshell, You cannot have any type of software, files or anything else that says 'pro' in your possession or on a server that you have access to. Hope that makes it a little clearer.

Well it wouldn't be accessing the ventrilo directly, another layer would be added through the API and of course the company would probably have to provide documentation for their API

Licensed Ventrilo Company -> Licensed Company's Panel -> Licensed Company's Reseller API -> Reseller's "Custom/TCAdmin/GamePanel/OB" Panel -> Reseller Customer

Basically I'm thinking a company should develop their API so even TCAdmin (or XXX game panel) users who are forced to resell could have their customers control their Ventrilo through TCAdmin and not forced to link them to the third party's (licensed company) panel.

Maybe you could make this happen.. it would be a big hit :p (at least in my opinion)

I'm not sure how this could be done through the current tcadmin. I can tell you we spent much time and a small fortune trying to come up with ways to allow our dedicated resellers the option of installing ventrilo using their existing panel but couldn't overcome what your proposing and you would be adding another layer on top of that trying to get around the licensed resellers own configuration so it would be a task for sure.

Using a separate panel isn't so bad. We use a different panel for our own vent customers and yet a 3rd panel for our ventrilo resellers. Kinda hard to juggle at times but we run games on windows and voice off linux so it's a necessary expense and I haven't heard any complaints so no worries ;)

Well it wouldn't be accessing the ventrilo directly, another layer would be added through the API and of course the company would probably have to provide documentation for their API

Licensed Ventrilo Company -> Licensed Company's Panel -> Licensed Company's Reseller API -> Reseller's "Custom/TCAdmin/GamePanel/OB" Panel -> Reseller Customer

Basically I'm thinking a company should develop their API so even TCAdmin (or XXX game panel) users who are forced to resell could have their customers control their Ventrilo through TCAdmin and not forced to link them to the third party's (licensed company) panel.

Maybe you could make this happen.. it would be a big hit :p (at least in my opinion)

Or make a module for MB so that the vent servers will auto setup. :) I would pay somebody just to make some script that would auto setup vent orders. I resell with huricanehost and you can create servers / users by basically going to a url and putting the values in the url. Is it possible to make a script that when I get a vent order it will put the correct values in and visit that link automatically? I would love it. ;)

Archived