Template troubles

studeggle

I can't get the template to work right. Went through and setup the variables and all, then created a template file and all went well. So I went off to appyly it to some of my clients configuration files so hopefully they could start makeing some of the adjustments on there own. Template was there, but when I filled it in with there information and hit save I get the following error message at the top in a pink and red box. "Length cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: length"

All required boxes were filled in, and I even tried filling in all the boxes just to be sure I hadn't goofed on whether something was required. I also don't have a variable named lenght.

I can incude my configuration file if that will help troubleshoot. Just didn't want to make the post to big.

I assume you are speaking of the Configuration editor? Or something else? If you could tell us exactly where in the panel you are we should be able to get you straightened out.

If it is a game config you can attach the whole file to your post and we can take a look at it for you.

To attach a file simply post a response. Under the response box there is a file attachments section. Browse for the file and upload it. Then submit your response.

Yes its the game configuration templates. I'm attaching a copy.

I was at Admin Home > Gaming Services > HLTV 12 Slots > Config Files > Editor

ALSO I just noticed if I click the text editor instead of cofig editor I get the following error page that may help track down the problem. (please note this is a full error page (no tcadmin page any more) just same error message. config editor just puts that error at the top I am still in tcadmin)

Server Error in '/' Application.

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Length cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: length

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: length

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.

Parameter name: length]

System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) +172

Web.filemanager_editor.xde97676d01739ced(Object xe0292b9ed559da7d, EventArgs xfbf34718e704c6bc) +112

System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

HLTV.txt

I don't quite know what you are doing with this here C:/Inetpub/vhosts/clan-tdr.com/vault_scripts/hlserver/ in your working directory. Working directory is based off of the Client Files: directroy which you set in the server configuration. eg. C:\ClientFiles

This field should not be set as a full path, rather it continues on from the user directory like /cstrike or / to leave the whole directory open.

And your Relative User Files Directory is blank in the game config, so the panel has no idea where to look for the config file at all. Most likely why you are getting errors. It can't find it. Also you file path for the hltv.cfg file should be something like /cstrike/hltv.cfg

I can helf see what you are trying to do. I can tell you that calling the same exe file for all your HLTV's is most likely the cause of the huge resource usage that you claimed to have, and most likely is causing the lag you claimed as well.

HLTV should be called from within the users game folder.

OK, I'm working with each user having there own install for half life and half life tv so the files aren't copied into a seporate folder like /dod/hltv.exe instead they remain in the root folder.

That is why its at the long url vualtscripts is a folder each user has in there ftp tree for them to place there game files in and run them but not have them accessable by web, just ftp.

Having some trouble following your 1st bit there. Are you saying with TCAdmin I must setup a new directory to house all clients game files?

I hadn't been useing TCAdmins ftp access setup, but the one setup earlier.

I just found that there are a bunch more settings on master server (since I only have the master server hadn't messed with it yet) Is there a guide for setting this part up?

Each user in the panel has their own folder containing their game and voice server files. A seperate install or set of files is required for each user. What you are referring to is symlinks which are messy and don't offer the control that seperated files have. HLTV can be added very simply by creating a service manually and pinting it to the HLTV.exe in that clients folder.

The internal FTP also uses the folders to denote who can see what, which is why each clients files are seperated.

As for the master configuration, all the info is in the Admin Manual here =========> http://my.tcadmin.com/downloads/tcadmin.pdf

And the directory structure document can be found here

http://www.tcamdin.com/downloads/directories.pdf

What do you mean symlinks and don't offer the control of seporate files. Seporate files is exactly what I have for each user, and I was creating a service and pinting it to that persons folder. Then the next service was pinted to a different users folder with a differnt install. I'm afraid I'm getting totaly lost.

This link didn't work

http://www.tcamdin.com/downloads/directories.pdf

I tried changing to

http://my.tcamdin.com/downloads/directories.pdf

but it still didn't work

Sorry I mistyped that link :razz:

http://www.tcadmin.com/downloads/directories.pdf

All the user files are stored in folders that the panel creates during the automation process. The built-in FTP allows clients access to their folders. If you setup folder outside of their directories you will need to use a seperate FTP for access, and they will not be usable by the TCAdmin.

The panel does the work for you, I don;t understand why you would want to create extra directories and use a secondary FTP when it's allready built in.

As far as symlinks I simply meant you are using the same exe file for multiple users, with links to different configs. With TCAdmin everything is located in their user folder. So each user has their own set of files, whether it be game, voice or config files.

Everything get's stored in one folder, including all game files, wvwn if they have multiple games assigned to them.

LOL well I'm sure by now ya must be getting tired of my stupid questions :roll: LOL Normally I catch on to computer stuff a lot quicker. :cool: I totaly misunderstood how things worked from the site and board, my bad. Can I do a quick check now to make sure I'm on the right path between the 1-bottun solution which this isn't and the totaly manual which I just found out its not :razz:

I do the work of finding the lastest install file in exe format (for here we'll discuss DoD) and install it to a centralized location like c:\gameservers\dod\ (other games would go in folders off of c:\gameservers\ but seporate for each type of game.) I would then point the main DoD service to c:\gameservers\halfile\dod and when I create one for a user the panel will copy the files to c:\gameservers\dod\userfolder\

If this is right how do you get around game server files that have to be registered with windows registry to work right, copying them to a new location would mess it up. if its a secret and tcadmin takes care of it I can accept that :razz:

Or am I still to manual and do I just put the single exe file in c:\gameservers\dod that is used to install the game files and tcadmin runs it and points its file creation to c:\gameservers\dod\userfolder\

Everything get's stored in one folder, including all game files, wvwn if they have multiple games assigned to them.

:shock: Yikes please tell me tcadmin makes seporate folders inside the usersfolder for different servers. Say if they had a DoD, a Call of Duty, and a Team Speak they would have 3 different folders inside there user folder or whereever that they would look in for each server. If its all mixed together this would get real confusing for them after they had a couple different servers and I think they would be far more likely to mess up there server mixing up files!! Makeing more work for me coming to the rescue :sad:

No offense but I think after I figure this all out I'm gona sit down and make a few suggested rewrite or additions for your admin manual and perhaps some live demos you can use to better introduce how it all works :cool:

:roll:

Each client folder houses all the client files which are seperated into game and voice server folders. Within those folders are a set of seperate folders for each game or voice server created for a user.

ECF can you go ahead and answer this one, thanks :grin:

LOL well I'm sure by now ya must be getting tired of my stupid questions :roll: LOL Normally I catch on to computer stuff a lot quicker. :cool: I totaly misunderstood how things worked from the site and board, my bad. Can I do a quick check now to make sure I'm on the right path between the 1-bottun solution which this isn't and the totaly manual which I just found out its not :razz:

I do the work of finding the lastest install file in exe format (for here we'll discuss DoD) and install it to a centralized location like c:\gameservers\dod\ (other games would go in folders off of c:\gameservers\ but seporate for each type of game.) I would then point the main DoD service to c:\gameservers\halfile\dod and when I create one for a user the panel will copy the files to c:\gameservers\dod\userfolder\

If this is right how do you get around game server files that have to be registered with windows registry to work right, copying them to a new location would mess it up. if its a secret and tcadmin takes care of it I can accept that :razz:

Or am I still to manual and do I just put the single exe file in c:\gameservers\dod that is used to install the game files and tcadmin runs it and points its file creation to c:\gameservers\dod\userfolder\

Once you have create the install directories for the games you would like to host such as C:\GameInstalls, you then create subdirectories for each game such as /CS or /DOD.

Within those folders you put the game server files for that game. During the automation process the panel will copy the files from C:\GameInstalls and puts them in a user folder under the Client Files directory you you specify such as C:\ClientFiles. So it would be something like C:\ClientFiles\Username\GameServers\TCXXXXXXXXXXXX\

Within the TCXXXXXXXXX (where the x's are a unique GUI number for each server) the game files are placed.

If you were to create a voice server it would show as follows: C:\ClientFiles\Username\VoiceServers\TCXXXXXXX

So each set of files is kept in it's sperate folder when the panel copies them over.

If you prefer you can use the manual method and create any directory structure you like and fill in the fields for each game you setup.

I filled in the relative user field and also did the server config so the urls are no longer full in the game configuration. I tried several times along the way to get the template to work with no luck. Then after filling everything in I thought maybe some bad values were stuck in memory so I restarted everything and tried the template function again. Still getting the same error message.

Here is a new copy of the configuration after making changes.

HLTV.txt

These are wrong...

<RELATIVEWORKINGDIRECTORY>/clan-tdr.com/vault_scripts/hlserver/ </RELATIVEWORKINGDIRECTORY>

<RELATIVEUSERFILES>/clan-tdr.com/vault_scripts/hlserver/</RELATIVEUSERFILES >

I give up. I can only repeat myself so many times before I get annoyed.

PROBLEM FIXED

OK I wish you could have gotten farther into the configuration rather then being stuck on that point as farther in is where my problem was. I found it. I had

<RELATIVEPATH>hltv.cfg</RELATIVEPATH>

I needed

<RELATIVEPATH>/hltv.cfg</RELATIVEPATH>

This fixes everthing and templates and text editor are fully functional. For anyone reading this post that is getting an error double check to make sure you have the "/" before the configuration file name in the games defualt configs.

Hopefully we have a better time working together next time ECF and again my apolegies for any frustration I may have cuased you.

My apoligies appearantly I am not clearly expressing myself. If you need to take a break for a day or 2 I will wait and look at other parts of TCAdmin.

Only 1 person, 1 service, 1 server uses the hltv.exe file located at "C:/Inetpub/vhosts/clan-tdr.com/vault_scripts/hlserver/" so it has not been moved into another folder, as such that is also where the hltv.cfg file is located.

If you prefer you can use the manual method and create any directory structure you like and fill in the fields for each game you setup.

This is the avenue I am taking and useing my allready established ftp for clients (you'll notice ftp is set to false in the file), at least for now as there would be ramifications to switching over to your directory structure and useing a second ftp (the other ftp is allready in place and must remain so for other stuff running that TCAdmin doesn't handle) I will discuss with my clients possibly switching over too 2 seporate ftp's for the different services I offer but that is after I am through testing TCAdmin.

I am only testing right now and, only on that account as I do not wish to risk messing up my clients.

Working directory is based off of the Client Files: directroy which you set in the server configuration. eg. C:\ClientFiles

This field should not be set as a full path, rather it continues on from the user directory like /cstrike or / to leave the whole directory open.

And your Relative User Files Directory is blank in the game config, so the panel has no idea where to look for the config file at all. Most likely why you are getting errors. It can't find it. Also you file path for the hltv.cfg file should be something like /cstrike/hltv.cfg

My server configuration is set to "C:/Inetpub/vhosts" so this would mean the relative url to access the location of the file would be "/clan-tdr.com/vault_scripts/hlserver/" which places it here "C:/Inetpub/vhosts/clan-tdr.com/vault_scripts/hlserver/" which is where the configuration file is located.

Archived