Game Switching

ChrisOlver

Hey Guys,

Is anyone using this feature yet with there clients? If so how did you organise the billing system for it? Im trying to get my head around it on how to set it up.

For example a client can order 2 servers. They pay for the most expensive and then a charge for the switching on top. Did anyone use this type of system or a different one..?

Well with the way you can assign different amounts of slots for each game, you can really sell any game you like for one price. If you sell a CS server for 20 slots and the client wants to play Battlefield Vietnam, you can assign 10 slots to the BFV so resources are roughly the same?

Or maybe sell games in packs that have the same resource usage so the slots are even across the board?

Personally I would think that offering the switching for free would draw in more clients, than charging them for it.

Just my $.02 :razz:

Like I was thinking.. You buy a 32 slot battlefield 2 server (high usgae), for an extra few ??? you can have a 32 slot cs source server etc.. you just pay for the month expensive server and get the cheaper one for ?3 lets say. One big downflaw with what you said..

A 32 slot cs source server doesnt even equal a 10 slot battlefield server at all... BTF is just a resource hog

I beg to differ :roll:

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">Quote:</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

If so how did you organise the billing system for it?

</td></tr></table>

I would say that MB is really the only package that can handle the multiple games.

I would say have the client order a specific package such as BF2, and then allow them to switch to games that take the same or less CPU and RAM than the original game?

Modernbill allows clients to add-on packages to their account after the initial sale. So maybe simply allow them to add on another game after the initial server is setup, and charge for it accordingly? You can also override pricing as well in MB, which may be a plus for you as well.

Archived