File Manager Question

JasonF

I was wondering if there was a move feature in the file manager. I looked around and could not find one.

If there is not, maybe something to consider for v2. A client uploaded a file into the base directory and I was trying to move it to another folder. Since I could not find it, I had to download then upload.

I know you can do it with FTP, but I was trying to walk a uber-noob through doing it who has no idea what an FTP client is and how to use it. The file manager is as elementary as it gets and anyone can use it, regardless of their computer knowledge.

Iwas wondering if there was a move feature in the file manager. I looked around and could not find one.

If there is not, maybe something to consider for v2. A client uploaded a file into the base directory and I was trying to move it to another folder. Since I could not find it, I had to download then upload.

You said YOU were trying to move it for the client. The quoted post indicates that you were not aware of this since you stated YOU had to DL then UL. ;)

Was just offering help.

I was helping a client and was going to tell him just to move it but could not figure out how so I just downloaded it up and uploaded it. Instead of giving a long drawn out story in the original post, just wanted to get to the point. Sorry for the confusion.

Archived