Master server question

FPSA| JakkFrosted

I just ordered a quad core server (4x 2.4ghz) with 3 gigs of ram, running server 2003 64 bit from Defcon servers. What I will run on this box is 2 crysis servers, a few bf2 mod servers, a ventrilo server, and other various private servers that would not stay on the same game or run 24/7. This would all be on the quad core server, no remote servers. TCAdmin seems like what I need. Basically it seems more useful for starting and stopping private servers for matches and trying out different games.

my questions:

1. Is tcadmin too resource consuming for what I want to use it for?

2. What version or versions would I need?

If you are familiar with running these game server then a panel may not be needed.

Whoever, Defcon provides many games which can be installed with a few mouse clicks. And with the panel you can assign sub-users, say clan member certain access rights to each server.

Both licenses that Defcon offers would do these things. To me it sounds like you should go with the clan version. It will use less resources, and allow you easy installs and easy control of the server.

I would give them a call or email and discuss what you have posted here. I am sure they will be helpful in providing you with the correct overview of what would be best for you if you were to choose to run our software.

You may be able to install it, but you will not have 50 or so games ready to install at your fingertips.

You will need to upload all the game server files yourself. And if you don't know how to run them, you will need to learn.

To answer you questions.

1. No

2. Yes would need to purchase a master server license if you intend to purchase from us.

Keep in mind we do not answer any game related questions. Only questions the pertain to our software. So if you ask "Where do I get server files for Crysis", you will get the reposnse from us "We do not provide support for games or any thing unrelated to our software".

Something to think about.

Archived