REQUEST: hltv?

AvailNetworks

Easiest way is to create a manual service for HLTV. Simply point it to the hltv.exe file. Then edit the hltv.cfg file and add a line such as this.

connect xx.xx.xx.xx:ppppp

Where x =ip and p=port

Then assign it to the user that has that server.

ahhhh that makes sense. that is what I figured I would do but I didnt know if there was a way to do something through the control panel.....another silly ? I have is how do I setup rcon or is it already setup through the control panel?

thanks again,

Reed

forgive the noobish questions but I have about 8 minutes experience with counter strik anything

Counterstrike has in-game rcon via the game console, and TCAdmin has built in support which allows clients to run rcon commands via their control panel.

As long as you have the proper game compatibility set for the game, the panel will handle that. Users can access the rcon from their panel by logging in and clicking on their CS server and then on the System Status icon. Rcon is at the very top.

If you downloaded the config file from here, it will also include the kick and ban feature on the same page. Clients can kick and/or ban by clicking the link next to a players name in the status link.

• 1 month later...

There seems to be no game compatibility for HLTV. While RCON does work, it always returns "No results were returned."

An HLTV compatibility mode should be pretty easy I'd think. Get the game status from the "status" command. Return the list of spectators from the "clients" command.

It works now, just would be nice to get the proper returned result and not have that AMX editor on an HLTV config.

hmm...heres what I did.

New Service

Game type HLTV

Slots 3

server ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

ports 27016

application (where username is my user's username :razz: )

C:/UserFiles/username/GameServers/TC27422077384710020636733/ hltv.exe

all the other directories C:/UserFiles/username/GameServers/TC27422077384710020636733/

additional arguments was left blank

left everything else to default

selected the user

it says its running, but I can't get on the server. to test it, I just ran the hltv.exe myself using VNC, and it worked fine, but why wont it when i run it as a service?

I know it runs as a service unless ther is something weird with your server (which I doubt).

Best way to check it is to set the service to interact with the desktop in the service settings for that HLTV server. Start it and log in with VNC and check the console for the error.

It will be in the next version. I honestly have setup HLTV and it works fine for me. You simply create a gametype called HLTV or download the config here. And create a manual service and point it to the HLTV.exe file within the clients game server folder. Edit the hltv.cfg file and put a line that says:

connect xx.xx.xx.xx:ppppp

Where x=ip and p=port

Then the client can change what ever they like, such as game name etc in the cfg file.

Are you guys remembering to edit the hltv.cfg file?

• 8 months later...

I am trying to create an HLTV service, but I am getting this error.

The database has been updated but there was an error updating the service: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Does the hltv.exe require an "exec hltv.cfg" or does it do it automatically.

also is there any way to set up the query so it will show the status, instead of unknown.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use