Keep archived file attributes?

UberMensch

Would it be possible to have an option to keep an archived file's permissions/attributes when extracted?

For example, if I want to hide a folder in a Mod pack, the hidden folder is reset as soon as TCAdmin unzips the package. I don't know how TCAdmin and ASP works at code level, but I'm quite sure it isn't any harder than adding an +X flag to the unzip command (if it unzips files that way).

Would it be possible to have an option to keep an archived file's permissions/attributes when extracted?

For example, if I want to hide a folder in a Mod pack, the hidden folder is reset as soon as TCAdmin unzips the package. I don't know how TCAdmin and ASP works at code level, but I'm quite sure it isn't any harder than adding an +X flag to the unzip command (if it unzips files that way).

Try the .rar extension, and not the .zip extension. .ZIP is a failure at file permissions, despite what parameters you specify in any tool. .RAR should be able to complete what you're looking to do.

If I recall correctly windows is the culprut here. It resets the permissions as the files are uncompressed.

Windows isn't the culprit, I used the standard "unzip" command line function in a dos-prompt, the files were extracted with their attributes intact.

Jdubz31: I didn't think TCAdmin could extract RAR files?

Edit:

Seems it can, and it also keeps attributes! Thanks :D

Archived