opperating sys

Guest meltdown

Guest meltdown

ive read the opp.sys that tc admin works with but i dont see my opp sys in there does tc admin work with windows server 2008 because thats what i use on my box and im intersted in using tc admin

TcAdin works with Windows 2008, it simply has not been fully tested by TcAdmin themselves on it, but many users are utilizing that OS.

The one problem I have heard of is the website installer doesn't like the new IIS. Don't know if that has been solved yet, or if that will even effect you.

There are several problems with TCAdmin and server 2008 I am running it on one of my servers and it is a pain in the you-know-what

1. Interact with desktop is a no go and that is a major pain when trouble shooting game servers.

2. The CPU affinity does not work

3. It has major issues with AA servers, causing them to crash every few hours.

You have to use

Start >> Run >> mstsc.exe /admin

instead of

mstsc.exe /console

We have tried that. 2008 will not show any services running on the desktop. I have read that it was stopped by Microsoft. The article I read said that it wasn't as secure when running services on desktop. I don't know just seeing if anyone has got it to working.

Archived