Security Update

ECF

As many of you know there was an exploit found within our software not long ago. There was an orginal post here to warn clients of this problem.

Since then I have deleted that post and another thread where people were discussing the situation. This was not done to cover up the fact that someone had hacked into our software, rather it was done to protect our clients since the person responsible was obviously a member in these forums and was collecting information via them.

As of yesterday we have released a security update that corrects the issue. I will not publically say what the issue was here, but I can tell you it was not completely the software's fault. The exploit was actually using another piece of software to gain access to the TCAdmin software via an alternate route so to speak. This exploit can also be used to gain access to many other web applications as well.

The exploit has been patched within TCAdmin, and as many of you noticed Luis has added many new security features into TCAdmin including a security plugin which allows you to configure many new options to protect your systems.

I would like to take a minute to thank Luis for doing a great job on creating these fixes in short order so clients could update ASAP, and I can assure you that many of these new security precautions will be added into Version 2.

I would also like to thank all of our clients that provided us with valuable information and log files to work with during this time.

Kevin

Archived