I want to cry!

AmirKhan

I have spent a good few days trying to get this automation set up, and seem to be getting no where, I have created the package in WHMCS I have entered all my tcadmin server details and configured my tcadmin server to accept requests from the billing system.

The order works, but sits as pending, there is no log email produced (come to think of it none of my emails from my tcadmin work, advice?!) and there is no activity on the tcadmin, has anyone got this wokring that is willing to lend a hand?

The last I heard from a client that WHMCS made some change a while back that broke the integration. I cannot confirm or deny the report, but it was made by a larger client that had the integration working and now it simply does not.

No answer on the WHMCS side of it, but on the e-mail side of it I may be of some assistance as I initially had a problem. Did you enter your e-mail sending information into the Admin/System Settings/Mail Server Settings form? If so are you sure about the SMTP server that you entered? Do you have direct control of this SMTP server, or does your mail come through a VDS environment? You can also reach me on MSN at techsupport[at]kohosting.net

To bring everyone up to speed, here is the just of our conversations in MSN thus far.

Sounds just like the problem that I had. Not sure about your host for your web server, but mine requires all inbound SMTP relays go through a central SMTP server prior to reaching my actual mail server. Not sure why, but all "TEST MAILS" would always reach my test address. However the "Welcome" e-mails would always fail. Once I set my SMTP server in TCA to the SMTP server for my host(not my domain) everything worked flawlessly. From what you have stated here and in MSN, you are either experiencing the same thing, and/or your outbound port 25 is blocked on your TCA server by a firewall, or your ISP(I now believe that the later mentioned is his problem, explained below).

Upon further troubleshooting I setup a test account and allowed him relay access to my mail server. He has stated that the error returned in TCA was "Unable to connect to the specified server". This I also tested through my TCA flawlessly.

Archived