Reselling Ventrilo Servers

dantheman420

Hello,

I am thinking about reselling ventrilo servers and maybe teamspeak servers. Does anyone know of a good company to go through to resell voice servers?

Im thinking about going through hurricanehost.com just because I can start out as low as 50 slots. I know defcon, and nationvoice you have to get at least 300 slots.

And also what would be the best billing software for this?

jon;28541']Never said we did. Heck, never said we were offering the Vents. He wanted Vent or Teamspeak reseller, yes?

:oh noes

Calm down, sheesh... are people not allowed to ask you anything anymore? Anyways, he said he wanted someone who could offer him Ventrilo and Teamspeak. And AFAIK you aren't allowed to recommend yourself..

Darkstar claims their reseller panel integrates with ModernBill and ClientExec "out of the box", so that would be the easiest solutions without building a custom solution to bridge a reseller panel and billing system. I don't know of any other resellers who have this functionality, but I must admit I don't keep up with the doings of any Ventrilo Hosters. However, I don't think Darkstar resells Teamspeak.

• 4 weeks later...
Hurricanehost starts out at 50 slots they also have a module that works with WHMCS that is free to use. As far as Teamspeak get your own license right from there. Minimum monthly fee I believe is only 14.00/month.

I agree

get your own ts licence. and for vent id use hurricane host. you can use any voice server on there networks so your not stuck to one location. if one goes down you move strainght over to another to avoid hrs of down time

Darkstar claims their reseller panel integrates with ModernBill and ClientExec "out of the box", so that would be the easiest solutions without building a custom solution to bridge a reseller panel and billing system. I don't know of any other resellers who have this functionality, but I must admit I don't keep up with the doings of any Ventrilo Hosters. However, I don't think Darkstar resells Teamspeak.

And WHMCS :) Hurricane Host offers the same thing I believe. Good luck!

There is a $10 setup fee. :) But yeah, get your own TS license. really is much better

There is no way having your own license is better. That uses your bandwidth and your system resources.

By using a reseller, I can offer my customers 18 locations worldwide and never have to worry about system resources. In addition, it is only $0.25 a slot with no setup fee.

There is no way having your own license is better. That uses your bandwidth and your system resources.

By using a reseller, I can offer my customers 18 locations worldwide and never have to worry about system resources. In addition, it is only $0.25 a slot with no setup fee.

ROFL, lets see every reseller I know of sell the slots in bunchs/levels, not per slot, so you end up buying slots your not selling. There goes that 25 cents theory as your sales never perfectly match there tiers.

I would say I am using maybe 11 cents/slot worth of bandwidth for my active TS and most aren't that active, but we'll use it anyway to keep the figures covered. Then I am at the 12 cents a slot billing, and TS is per slot not per bunches/levels. Then of course we wouldn't want to forget hardware and software. Lets see I took an old server that I wouldn't even use for webhosting let alone game hosting, slapped CentOS on it and some free antivirus software. So my grand total there is really nothing but we'll say $50 and the machine has been jugging away for 3 years now and is now running almost 1000 slots. So less then 1 cent per slot. 11+12+1=24 cents/slot and I'm not forced to buy at levels.

Then quality/customer service - resell sure if you get a good company most of the time things will be good. But there is no perfect company, problems will arise. You resell: your customer waits 1hr for you to get to the ticket saying there is a problem, then you hop over to your reseller and notify them, and you'll be lucky if they get it in an 1hr. Then say they promptly run off and fix it most aren't too hard router or machine restart. 20 mins. 2hrs 20 mins to solve the problem. If it was you 1hr 20 mins And personally I have tried several Ventrillo resellers as it is impossible to get those licenses now, and not a one has ever had the speedy response times I just gave but we'll say you have vastly better luck then I do. :p not!

So feel free to keep thinking your reselling is better, that short sightedness is what they count on and someone has to keep them in business.

yo studeggle, what is the hardware you use for the server you put voice servers on? would i be able to do it with any old computer but like with decent specs on it?

what is more important to have as far as hardware as in selling voice servers? like is it more important to have more RAM or..?

I must agree with studeggle.

Any old person can be a reseller hell a 12 year old kid can be a reseller. They depend on people not being able to see the light and think reseller is the way forward.

Get your own licence on your own hardware, you have control over everything.

You don’t have to file support tickets to some other person and hope they sort it soon for you, and deal with their crappy customer service that you will have to pass onto your clients

How would this sound to a customer?

“sorry I can’t do anything about the situation because I don’t actually own the hardware and I have no idea when it will be fixed”

Plus as a teamspeak host you get your company name and a banner on there authorized seller listing. I generated a lot of custom through there.

But take this as it is my OPINION!

• 1 year later...
I must agree with studeggle.

Any old person can be a reseller hell a 12 year old kid can be a reseller. They depend on people not being able to see the light and think reseller is the way forward.

Get your own licence on your own hardware, you have control over everything.

You don’t have to file support tickets to some other person and hope they sort it soon for you, and deal with their crappy customer service that you will have to pass onto your clients

How would this sound to a customer?

“sorry I can’t do anything about the situation because I don’t actually own the hardware and I have no idea when it will be fixed”

Plus as a teamspeak host you get your company name and a banner on there authorized seller listing. I generated a lot of custom through there.

But take this as it is my OPINION!

I will never resell, i cant ever think of myself as the middle man.

Archived