Call of Duty World at War Config File

ECF

yea i have had a few crash but i have not had time to look at it yet.

also the problem i was having has now been sorted just thought i would let your all know because i hate it when people dont share there solution. when tcadmin was starting the game it was asking to startin safe mode and that was why it was not working.

once again thanks to the support as always top notch.

how did you get it not to ask for safe mode?

i have this running fine on 8 boxes, but on 1 particular box it just wont start through tcadmin, but it does over remote desktop manually fine.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iv'e had 2 runnng, mainly for load testing purposes, and had no crashes on either.... at all, which I am well surprised with.

I am running 2 12 slotters, which have both pretty much been full. Neither has gone over 200MB. All I have done is used the initial config posted with ECF, and made no adjustments to it at all.

I guess it must just come down to the differences in server set up that's causing so many different outcomes.

well i found out that my servers crash on tdm mostly. so i added these to my server config,

changed the server slots form 32 to 26,

// Number of dropped weapons before recycling

set g_maxDroppedWeapons "2"

// TDM

set scr_tdm_globalbattlechatterprobability "0"

set scr_tdm_numlives "0"

set scr_tdm_playerrespawndelay "7"

set scr_tdm_roundlimit "1"

set scr_tdm_scorelimit "2000"

set scr_tdm_timelimit "10"

set scr_tdm_waverespawndelay "0"

// Dog Settings

set scr_dog_count "4"

set scr_dog_hardpoint_interval "180"

set scr_dog_health "100"

set scr_dog_max_at_once "2"

set scr_dog_time "60"

changed the gametype the mixed ext.

Seems to working fine so far touch wood.

The G_spawn error can be fixed by making the rounds shorter. No longer than 3 minutes for 24+ player servers. You can run multiple rounds on one map so each map still lasts as long as you want. Everyone keeps their score until the map ends so its the same as a long round.

I have 6 beta servers up and since making this change none have crashed and they stay full 30/30. Been up for 24 hours now :D

Problem stems from spawns not being freed after object is destroyed/killed. So the 1024 spawns get ate up very quick due to this little problem.

yea i have the same prob, we set a server up on one box works and can join game.

so we set a load up on another box and they all run and show status etc but u cant join them "bad or no challenge for adress"

very frustrating. any ideas??

I am still trying to work out why its not working, its now not working through tcadmin on 2 dedicated servers, however running exactly the same command lines manually works perfectly.

It is working with tcadmin on 7 other dedicated servers with exactly the same setup.

I have tried watching for errors with interact with desktop and nothing. Looking at task manager I can see the executable running, but it's stuck using just over 9MB ram and not changing.

I have tried everything and am at a loss to explain why it's happening. Has anyone else fixed this problem????

Hi, my servers did work with tcadmin but for some reason they are not working now.

i am having the same problem as mudguts and i have not changed anything. hummm

I am having the same problem, everything was working fine until I had to do a restart for windows automatic update, now when the COD WAW services start they are using about 8.5mb RAM and i'm getting no responce when I try to connect through rcon :~ . but the servers run fine if I start them through desktop shortcut using the same command line. :~

I have discovered part of the problem.

I went in to the service controller and found the the tcadmin service that executes the game and changed the user permissions to Administrator (from System) and it works! However this is not ideal for obvious reasons. I tried to create a new user with permissions (even tested admin permissions) and nothing. It seems after a while this game will ONLY work if executed as Administrator. My guess is it's doing something to the OS that requires Administrator permissions like writing cache files or something, but I don't know exactly what.

I have looked everywhere, registry, files, etc. and I cannot find anything that may be stopping this from working with the normal System permissions.

If anyone can find a way for this to work without using the Administrator login to execute the service I would very interested to know.

I have solved my issue, the servers had crashed and and were waiting for me to verify running in safe mode :p , In the tcadmin service settings for the cod WAW server select interact with desktop. then log into your dedi using rdc with console enabled and you should see the safe mode request from cod WAW. to log on to rdc with console in win XP, go to start click run and type mstsc.exe /console . if you are using vista type mstsc.exe /admin into the search box and click ENTER . or you can create a desktop shortcut with the /admin or /console command line. hope this helps ..

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 57 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use