Game Server Crashs all the time - no reason

Jacky444

Hello,

I'm hosting soldier of fortune 2 game servers for 1 year now.

And last few days i'm facing crashes i've never seen before.

People are complaining that their game servers are crashing randomly.

I've checked the logs and found nothing about the crash.

I just can see in logs that server started up again but nothing about shutdown or some think as that.

Its very weird behovior.

I've applied the antiboom crash thingy as well.

Please if anyone can help me out with any kind of suggestion, let me know !

Best Regards,

Jacky

It can be caused by a client upload a bad map or mod, i havent used sof2 for ages has it been updated ? have you mde any server changes ?

is it with all your sof2 servers? or the main server? , i would personnly create a test default one see if anything happends then go from there.

Hello,

its happening to all sof2 game servers ( i think, i'm not 100% sure ) i have a testing game server witch havent crashed yet but like 50% people are reporting crashes and server mods and files are totaly same as on my testing server.

They havent uploaded any maps / mods or done any changes exept server.cfg file configuration.

its pretty much weird. but i host all game servers on one machine.

Hello,

well, here is the full list of hosted game servers:

http://srv1.n1servers.com:8080/

about 23 servers ( Crysis Wars game server isnt added on list, has 32 slots and its empty always )

Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4ghz

2gb DDR2 800mhz ram

72gb 10.000RPM HDD

I'm not sure about motherboard but i dont think Hardware would couse the problem.

We have experienced the same issue with SOF2. Our SOF2 tech is stumped. He has been working on this for weeks with no success. I thought it was just us but now it looks like a wide spread problem.

We have tried fresh installs of the game on several different servers in different data centers all keep crashing.

:o so we're not the only ones with that kind of problem.

I though i've had some issue with files and reinstalled game few times in few diffrent datacenters as well.

Well, May you tell me if you experiance same issues that server crashes in few hours / minutes of working ?

Hello,

The problem is, I dont have any crash messages logged or anything like it.

Windows didnt log any issue eather. In Game logs all i can see is in one line some guy said somthing in next line server already started up.

I dont even understand how it's possible game server crashes before it writes a log.

Anyway machine can handle about 50 SoF2 game servers without any problems.

I've had once before more customers then now and we had no issues.

SoF2 takes about 65mb ram and 0-1% usage of cpu per server at 32 players online.

Make sure the command line is the same between running it on the desktop vs TCAdmin. Also make sure the server queries after starting it with TCAdmin. If it does not show up in Server Status and Administration it will stop the server eventually.

you tried running on a remote ?

can you not set up a crash log or a log to that game at all?

if so i would post the details in a ticket to the team here

I did mean set up logging,

'I've tried running on remote, ofcourse'

how would i know sorry my mind reading capablities are not working today

anyway if it was working ok , have you updated tcadmin before anything went wrong.

Have you updated the OS or anything on the machine before it went wrong.

Archived