I've tried using the search function for the forums to find a thread on this and haven't gotten anywhere. It keeps removing my keywords and searches by IP only so I'm opening a thread in an attempt to find a resolution.

What configurations need to be set, or what abilities are there within TC Admin, as an administrator, to completely block an IP. I have settings that ban an IP after 10 failed attempts, it's also set to last for 15 minutes, but below that it's checked to enable permanent ban. I also have it set to notify me when an IP is banned.

I keep getting an intrusion attempt on a user name from the same IP. It gets banned for 15 minutes but two minutes later it gets banned again, two minutes after that again. I want this IP permanently blocked, or banned, so it can't even submit an answer that my system will see. Is this possible and if so, how?

Thanks

The best option I can think of is to ban the IP from the TCAdmin Website in the IIS Manager.

Open the IIS Management Console. Right click on the TCAdmin Website and choose Properties. Then click the Directory Security tab. Click "Edit" next to IP Address and Domain Name Restrictions. Then click the add button and type the IP you want to ban in. Click ok and then apply.

I've also noticed through out these attempts, somehow, someone is clearing out the banned IP's list. We've yet to have an actual break in, but the IP's are there, the intrusion attempts stop for a moment, then a few minutes later the list is cleared and the intrusion attempts continue until it repeats the same cycle. Some of my colleagues have noted that they investigated this issue before and weren't able to get a conclusion.

I will be investigating your answer soon. I'm busy with other critical issues at the moment. I appreciate the response, awesome response time.

Archived