COD WAW Unhandled Exception Caught

Bray

Well, I've had a lot of trouble with CODWAW. I first bought the game, installed it on my PC (which works fine on XP) then uploaded those files to any of my boxes running Windows 2003 SE. Not one of them worked, always giving me this error:

Error During Initialization: Unhandled Exception Caught

So, I figured I should upload the entire disc to my machines, and install them there in case there was missing files or directx didn't install or something. Same deal, it pops up that error with any install on any machine (I've tried 3 different servers).

I looked around and most people having this error report compatability issues with Vista, which I don't run. They also seem to have problems with sound cards, but I don't see a fix for a server which doesn't have a sound card. I see a lot of hosts offering this game, and no one here seems to have this problem.

Any ideas for a fix?

Thanks,

Eric

Yes sir, it's patched and I installed the directx that came with the disc. As a side note, it always asks me to start it in safe mode as well everytime I start the game, maybe that has something to do with it?

Thanks for any other ideas you may have.

Eric

Glad to hear you found a logical solution. You should always keep up to date with the TCAdmin forums, and within your panel itself to see if any new versions have been released. With any major game release there is a good chance there will be an update to TCAdmin to fix this or that.

Archived