Looking for some one who can help me for few minutes :P

iLight

Hello guys, I'm looking for someone who can help me to fix my securised billing web >< I have 4 dedicated server, one where I host my websites. I have lifetime Directadmin Licence on. I've searched for hours and still doesn't know how to make securised my clientexec billing page ><

So just leave msn if you want to help me ^^

You need to have your web site on it's own I.P. (not shared), purchase and install a SSL certificate and you'll need to have your files in your private_html directory. I'm not familiar with ClientExec but in most billing systems there is also an option to have the login set to use https.

Yes and no, you only need to have SSL when taking money, and since paypal uses its own SSL that does take care of gaurding the clients private information.

But there is a matter of looking proffesional, when your entire shopping cart and billing system is ussing an http connection instead of https and you only accept paypal that is two strikes against you. Truth is any tom dick or harry can setup a cart and paypal account so how is the customer to know you are legit?

Yes you can sign/create your own SSL cert, problem is IE, firefox, mozilla all treat a self signed cert the same as a bad cert. Personally given the average consumers intelegence and the way these browsers present warnings now days when you surf onto a self signed SSL. I think I'd rather have no SSL then a self signed SSL. At tleast then there web browser isn't scaring them away from purchasing on my site.

NOT that I would go without an SSL, just if that was my only option. But SSL certs are way to cheap now days to be without one in my opinion.

Yes you can sign/create your own SSL cert, problem is IE, firefox, mozilla all treat a self signed cert the same as a bad cert. Personally given the average consumers intelegence and the way these browsers present warnings now days when you surf onto a self signed SSL. I think I'd rather have no SSL then a self signed SSL. At tleast then there web browser isn't scaring them away from purchasing on my site.

NOT that I would go without an SSL, just if that was my only option. But SSL certs are way to cheap now days to be without one in my opinion.

qft

*insert applause here*

-- Now to Insert SSL Rant --

All that SSL 128/256 bit encryption is all a farce if I remember correctly. Simply adding the https encrypts your traffic if the host is setup properly iirc.

Big companies just like making your bar blue or green. Which is a load of crap since it costs hundreds, sometimes thousands to get ID on your SSL. Whereas you cannot verify yourself, and another company cannot verify you without paying a boat load of cash, because only "trusted" ca signers are accepted into FF by default. Leaving the rest of us the dreaded red page of death for SSLs.

Small story short, yes I agree with buying an expensive SSL, only because I was raped to have to do it.

We use SSL on our billing system, as the Google Checkout callback required our site to use it. They don't cost much, have a look at RapidSSL which is below $20 a year AFAIK.

We also have a self-signed cert from cacert.com, who are pushing to have their certificates installed in the major browsers. While we force users to use SSL on the billing system (Via mod_rewrite) our control panel SSL is optional. However, our WHMCS <-> TCAdmin communication is done over SSL after having our password sniffed once.

Archived