COD2 Server running problems

Avocent

The server wont even start..

I havent looked into the problem at all, but read something about some issues to get it started. I have imported the cfg from this forum, but the server wont start.

Any ideas?

What errors are you getting? Is it just not starting or starting and not joinable?

About the server not being able to load a map without a profile set....

I have a profile and active.txt is pointing to the profile folder, but still the server wont load a map and refer to its missing a profile set.

Any clue?

About the server not being able to load a map without a profile set....

I have a profile and active.txt is pointing to the profile folder, but still the server wont load a map and refer to its missing a profile set.

Any clue?

Taken from COD2 docs.

------------------------

Creating a Call Of Duty® 2 dedicated server requires the presence of a profile.

To manually create one, do the following:

Add "+set dedicated [1 = LAN, 2 = Internet]" to the shortcut for Multiplayer

Add the following folders:

[Call of Duty 2]\main\players

[Call of Duty 2]\main\players\[profile name] (Ex. [Call of Duty 2]\main\players\MyProfile)

Create a file named "active.txt" in "[Call of Duty 2]\main\players" with the profile

name in the first line.

Create a blank file named "config_mp.cfg" in [Call of Duty 2]\main\players\[profile name]

If done correctly, the user will get a message that the configuration has changed since the last

time Call of Duty 2 was last run. The user will be presented two options, YES and NO. Select YES to

have the correct config file automatically created for you. Once that has completed, you will be at

the dedicated server console.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived