A Key Economic Indicator

SickPuppy

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone heard from OG lately. I heard nasty rumor they were shut down??

Their website is dead anyways, and couple of their customers came by complaining their servers was just dead. no warning, nothing. :(

What a way to do business. Even in down times, at least have enough respect for your customers to let them know you are going to rip them off. lol

The writing is on the wall guys, companies are selling off their assets, consolidating their customers, dropping their prices. I made a post not too long ago pointing out some indicators that a business is in trouble. You don’t need an MBA to see what is happening to the economy and how the recession is having an impact on the GSP industry.

As things get worse, and they will, consumers are going to start looking for alternatives to the high priced game server providers. This will force the big GSPs to sell off unused assets and have ½ price server sales. These strategies do generate short term cash flow but do not reduce long term liabilities. Sales campaigns can have a negative impact on a company’s existing customer base especially if the sale only applies to new customers.

With all that said, I would like to announce that Hostile Contact has 3 new servers going online this month and we anticipate having an Amsterdam server online by the end of the third quarter.

Thats 49 cents a slot for privates, there publics are still 79 cents a slot. But honestly when your that big, you can be a dick like that. If you knew the owner personally (I worked for him for just shy of a year) you understand why he does what he does.. he's a dick.

i have done support for Gameservers.com for about 3 months and quit b/c of the owner hes is a real dick.and they overload there servers big time

You guys may want to considering editing your posts. If you worked for GameServers.com, I am sure you signed an NDA that prohibits you from saying anything about their business model or the way things operate.

In regards to your other remarks, they can be considered slander and if you truly worked for them in the past, then you may want to reconsider what information you put out.

It is very unprofessional to post anything about a company you used to work for, especially when it directly relates to the way the business operates and possible trade secrets.

A word of advice.

One thing to remember is the big boys have weathered several recessions and are still here. Only the new GSPs are really panicking.

I have to agree with JasonF the larger GSP's will have the capital and resources to weather the recession. Some strategic alliances might be in order.

I should have known better. I thought we could have an intelligent discussion about the moribund GSP industry and the effects of the recession but it has to turn into a flame fest.

Whos is flaming? All I see is a discussion about gsp market and the way the market is heading. Every post I read was directed at that topic.

I guess you read something different.

Hey Puppy,

You seem to have an endless supply of cash flow the way you talk about buying out pretty much every company

Do you have one of those cash tree's that you get to shake in the back yard??

Just figured I would give you some grief since I notice you talk about buying everyone no offense

Hey Puppy,

You seem to have an endless supply of cash flow the way you talk about buying out pretty much every company

Do you have one of those cash tree's that you get to shake in the back yard??

Just figured I would give you some grief since I notice you talk about buying everyone no offense

I own an embroidery shop that makes a small profit, I sell embroidery designs, I am a retired Army Officer, and I sold one of my boats a few months back, so money is not one of my primary concerns. It also helps that my wife makes $85,000 a year.

I do sometimes refer to my her as my money tree.

Let me know when you are ready to sell.

I do sometimes refer to my her as my money tree..

Please do not try to shake her, you may get arrested.

I don’t understand why people will let their companies fold rather than try to sell it. Too proud to admit failure I guess.

If the company is so far in debt, they know no one would buy it. I am not saying that is what happened to OG but just a thought.

I was thinking that we need to form a small GSP Coop. This is the plan, we create one website and we all get equal space for a company banner on the website. We then all redirect our URLs to point to the Coop website. We could set the banners to rotate so the same banner would not stay at the top.

Once a potential customer lands on the Coop website they can choose which company they want to use and click that banner.

This would direct all of the search engine traffic onto one site and would make it easier for the customer to find us smaller GSPs.

So for example if some did a Google search for HostileContact.com or PrimaryTarget.com and clicked on the URL it would take them to the Coop website where they would see all of the Coop members banners.

This would increase the exposure to your company. If you were to take 20 different GSPs that average 200 website hits a day you would increase the exposure to your site to 4000 hits a day.

Now that does not mean that all 4000 of those hits will click through to your website but your website will receive exposure to your banner. It will also make it easier for the customer to do some comparison shopping.

I was thinking that we need to form a small GSP Coop. This is the plan, we create one website and we all get equal space for a company banner on the website. We then all redirect our URLs to point to the Coop website. We could set the banners to rotate so the same banner would not stay at the top.

Once a potential customer lands on the Coop website they can choose which company they want to use and click that banner.

This would direct all of the search engine traffic onto one site and would make it easier for the customer to find us smaller GSPs.

So for example if some did a Google search for HostileContact.com or PrimaryTarget.com and clicked on the URL it would take them to the Coop website where they would see all of the Coop members banners.

This would increase the exposure to your company. If you were to take 20 different GSPs that average 200 website hits a day you would increase the exposure to your site to 4000 hits a day.

Now that does not mean that all 4000 of those hits will click through to your website but your website will receive exposure to your banner. It will also make it easier for the customer to do some comparison shopping.

The idea sounds logical, but I think you will find you will have people (Companies) fighting and cause more grief with each other than its worth.

For instance, not everyone can have a banner at the top middle of the site, or they may feel their company is better and should get more exposure etc.

It would also make it look that you are all working together, as to say: If one company oversells to the hilt and has servers so laggy it takes 10 minutes to join, then the client might assume if company A is on the web site and he does it, why would i think no one else on the same list would be doing the same.

Many things to consider, you will be grouped into one pot all using the same life raft, if one company gets a bad review, everyone in the pot will be stained.

Not mentioning everything else...

There would be some issues to work out but it is not like it will cost you anything. This is not an advertising site it is a Coop the only requirement would be to redirect your URL to the new Coop homepage.

As for the banners they can be setup to rotate or to randomly display so no one GSP would stay at the top.

The one bad apple spoiling the whole lot, I think most consumers are smart enough to distinguish the difference between the various companies. If I found a Hypernia Ad on a website with a questionable reputation I would not equate their poor performance to Hypernia.

OG was pretty big. They had to be to claim all the POP's they had.... So why did they close doors?

They were not that big- maybe 80 customers if that.

Talked a big game, but in the end boom .

I've been picking up their clients over the last week or so, then picked up about 15 thurs/friday when then slammed the doors on them.

Archived