GSP Graveyard

JasonF

I heard of a GSP that got bought out today and started to think about all of the GSPs that have bit the dust in the past 5 yrs. I told Doug we should start a thread listing the GSPs that have bit the dust. Personally I have not been in the business as long as some in these forums, but in my 1 1/2 yrs here I have seen numerous ones go under. So here is my short list of GSPs that I know that are no longer around

1) CyberSeals

2) KillerPings

3) Asylum Game Servers

4) Game Connectors

5) Klean Servers

6) Operation Gaming

7) Hyped Gaming

8) GriffinRun

9) Aim2Game

10) Galore Game Servers

11) Blood Servers

12) Invision Gaming

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to work for killerPings they were 1.50 a slot i believe the last month or so they were 1.45 and 2 or 3 weeks in to the 1.45 they droped to 1.00/slot to get customers but in the end they went under with no warning to any of the staff nor customers me and tom tried to notify as many customers as we could when we found out 1 day before they went and had the site shut down............

Your Prices are lower HAHAHAHA killerpings were $1.45/slot and they went under back in January 1,2008. So thats old news.My question is why the hell would some one ask for a higher price

It was someone that logged into my livechat using the name Allen, he stated that he had a server with killerpings and wanted to know if I could match their $.50 a slot rate.

I told him no and I did not even bother checking to see if there was a killerpings GSP. Probably just some kid trying to get a discount on a game server.

He might have ment that he was an old customer of KillerPings.

Your Prices are lower HAHAHAHA killerpings were $1.45/slot and they went under back in January 1,2008. So thats old news.My question is why the hell would some one ask for a higher price

It was someone that logged into my livechat using the name Allen, he stated that he had a server with killerpings and wanted to know if I could match their $.50 a slot rate.

I told him no and I did not even bother checking to see if there was a killerpings GSP. Probably just some kid trying to get a discount on a game server.

You could get a whole slew of names from when The Planet dropped Cortex.

We were right there with you Doug and moved to TCAdmin right after we got the official punch. Though it had been obvious for months with the total lack of support. There are aspects of Cortex I still miss to this day

GaloreGameServers

StealthServers (Trying to sell)

Im sure more I cant think of.

GaloreGameServers...? The website seems to be up and functional without any news saying otherwise, or did you mean they changed ownership?

We were right there with you Doug and moved to TCAdmin right after we got the official punch. Though it had been obvious for months with the total lack of support. There are aspects of Cortex I still miss to this day

GaloreGameServers...? The website seems to be up and functional without any news saying otherwise, or did you mean they changed ownership?

http://www.velocity-servers.net/blog/2009/01/29/velocity-absorbs-galoregameservers/

You will see CBL pop up again. They are in bed with another developer that is building a game panel which is supposed to be as good as ours... It is linux only right now, but they are talking about porting it over to windows.

I took a look at it and it needs quite a bit of work to even match the feature set of ours.

You will see CBL pop up again. They are in bed with another developer that is building a game panel which is supposed to be as good as ours... It is linux only right now, but they are talking about porting it over to windows.

I took a look at it and it needs quite a bit of work to even match the feature set of ours.

Dont worry, we still love you. I tested it also and it comes nowhere near as good as TCAdmin.

I agree completely. We have not made a decision as to what CP we are going with. TCAdmin Rocks the world of course. Swift is still a ways off from a feature set that can match.

Not to mention v2 is going to smoke it out of the water in the state it is now.

Archived