GSP Graveyard

JasonF

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd have to check to make sure but I believe they use our panel for ventrilo. They seem to work hard at making it work which I give them kudos but .75/slot is hindering them..

Might want to teach them how to set up their packages in WHMCS. Thats hindering them also.

• 2 weeks later...

gameservers.net just went out of biz.

ps. don't make another gameserver name. ie: gameserver.net , game-servers.com , gameservers.pro , gameservers.ca

quote for truth. game-servers.com died and stealthservers.net with it then gameservers.pro died and quantum-servers.com.

It's a well known fact that the GSP market is oversaturated... I mean, to the untrained eye, being a GSP provider means sitting home, being paid to play games....

every market is oversaturated . You just need to find new ways of making money rather then following suite with everyone.

It's a well known fact that the GSP market is oversaturated... I mean, to the untrained eye, being a GSP provider means sitting home, being paid to play games....

Very good observation. As any serious GSP knows, the amount of work required to run a decent GSP is quite quite a bit.

I have to agree with these guys. Just because you run GSP's doesn't mean you sit at home all day playing video games. If something goes down (which it will) you'll have to get that up and going asap because you have customers.

It's a business.... not to mention for some it's also a hobby. I'm good with servers, and enjoy games. But since I've do all our Server stuff, I don't game like I used to in the past especially after college.

• 3 weeks later...
It looks like DarkForge needs to be added to the list

2009-08-04 14:12:00 -

Dear friends,

We regret to have to make this descision, but dfg-gaming is forced to Close down its gaming division. After a very great year, I am afraid that the economy has finally caught up to us, and we are no longer able to compete it the game server buisiness. When AA3 was released, we were forced to install many new servers, that our business just could not support, and with its failure as a game, it in turn rederend our gaming division broke. To keep from losing everything we are forced to make this choice. We desided that Web hosting, CMS, website design and support along with clan support is just going to be the best direction for us. As many of you know, Game Servers are a very cut throat busniess, and we chose not to go down that route, which may have lead to this. At this point August 2009 will be our last month providing any game servers.

At the end of August, all game and voice servers will be shut down. If you don't inform us that you wish to continue Ventrilo, it will also be shut down. Our WebServerices will not be affected by this, and hopefully we may be able to expand on this side of our busniess.

We have appreciated everyones support through the past year, and we hope to continue to provide you many of your clans needs through web hosting, CMS support, Themes, and over all your web solutions. Thank you very much for the past year, and hope you can find a new home for you game servers.

I would like to recommend http://jarheadservers.com for your services. Please tell them DFG-Gaming sent you. They are one of the few providers that actually care about customers and not just your money. I have worked with their owners since they started, and I believe you will be happy there.

Lots of GSPs biting the dust lately.

It's sad to see how many gameserver sites went down in so little time..

It's even more sad if i say i am just starting one :grin:

So much to do, so much time :D

[offtopic]

I presume that all of u guys have a server(s) with gameservers, how many gameservers (CSS, Mohaa, quake 3 lets say +- 20 slots) can i put on a quadcore 2,4 ghz, 4gb ddr2?

[/offtopic]

Must say, some really odd names come up..

Guessing he is referring to some of the younger owned GSPs as school is starting up and many of them will not be able to support any kind of company while they are busy in schol.

However I could be wrong on that speculation.

Archived