High Priority?

JohnnyT

Hi i currently host 10 servers on my C2Q 6600 and on my zombie server it lags like hell, like it spikes bad. The other servers are working perfectly fine though and the CPU usage is at like not even 15%. Why is the zombie plague 4.2 server lagging? Would setting the ded high priority stop the lag? When i restart the ded, it works fine for maybe a day or so. I dont think its the ded either because i got one from a trusted company. Softlayer.com.

I check TCadmin and i see no way to increase to high priority and i set sys_ticrate 1000 onto the command line and i didnt even enable low CPU usage.

Also, these are CS 1.6 servers

Softlayer has a top of the line network and i doubt you will find any negative reviews about them. I trust them and their network is good. Im also on a 1 gbps port. Now lets get back to the subject. What could be wrong? I doubt its my Zombie Plague 4.2.

Softlayer network is close to flawless. They are an outstanding company in my opinion, although support is so/so. It is probably the mod your running. Since normal servers are running fine, and as you said that it runs fine for a day or so after a restart. You can try the priority change but it will not make much of a difference.

Well, im pretty sure i have like 30 people in ALL servers combined. And now sometimes my 1000 FPS server lags. But it seems i fixed it by changing sv_maxrate to 20000. Before all my servers were at default. What do you guys recommend for a good playing environment using little bandwidth since my new server is only going to have 2 TB of transfer, the one i have now has 10 TB

At least a 4 core processor; At least 4GB RAM; Hard Drive space isn't really a big deal for game servers. But at least a 250 GB HDD. Just to be safe I would recommend running a raid 1 at least for a remote machine and RAID 10 for your web machine. 2TB is plenty of BW for a 4 core machine running about 20 or so servers (These were Call of Duty for me). I always tried to stick with a lot of smaller machines rather than a couple of huge machines. Keep your eggs in multiple baskets :)

Yes it is high priority now and it still happens! Every 10 seconds everyone freezes for like 2 seconds when this happens. What is wrong! My CPU usage wasnt even higher than 10%! It lagged a bit on my other servers too!

Archived