What do I need and cost...

Mortician

I am completely new to all this and was looking at renting a dedicated box and hosting about half a dozen personal servers for my clan and another half dozen or so servers (or more) to be rented out to various other clans.

So what would I need? Master Server Purchase and Remote Server Purchase?

And these purchases come with updates and support for a year... so once a year passes, then all I need to pay is the $40/yr or $20/yr (depending upon purchases) to continue to get the updates and support... or not pay anything but then be stuck with no support or updates?

You will firstly need a Masterserver license running on one box, you can run gameservers from that box as well.

For any additional dedicated nodes you wish to add to run gameservers off you will need to purchase additional remote licenses.

You can run as many gameservers as you wish from these licenses :)

You need to lease or purchase a "Master Server License". You can run as many games on your box as you like.

Purchased Master = $200

Monthly Master = $15.95 per month

Support renewals are for updades and support. It would be $20 per year to renew the support on a purchased license. If you lease licenses (pay monthly) then support/updates are included.

Remote server licenses are needed if you add another physical server onto your existing one. You would then need a remote server license for that box as well.

Remote server licenses are needed if you add another physical server onto your existing one. You would then need a remote server license for that box as well.

So just to clarify on this part... physical server meaning another dedicated box. So its basically like a discounted version of the Master License so you dont have to pay the $200 cost for each and every dedicated box you own/rent?

Did I get it right :confused: :grin:

So just to clarify on this part... physical server meaning another dedicated box. So its basically like a discounted version of the Master License so you dont have to pay the $200 cost for each and every dedicated box you own/rent?

Did I get it right :confused: :grin:

And you just log into 1 control panel for all of the other server boxes you have linked to the master as well as the servers on the master.

Think about the location to. In FPS gaming. Dallas to Toronto (Where i live) is some heavy ping. about 80-100 to be exact. I used to have a server at cologuys.com and their servers are located in dallas and definitely the location was not good for me.

Archived