Cod4 ranked ,unranked?

PoooTang

I set up a cod4 server on my box as pure "1",the game boots up ,but will not allow anyone in the server???? i thought having this setting would make it ranked? when you try to go in to the server it immediatley crashes your game,,,if i set the pure setting to "0" you are able to enter the game ,and it will not crash to desktop??????,but it wont rank you up?? I want to run this game as RANKED,But i cant seem to set the server to pure,i rent the dedicated box from defconservers,do you think this is on there end that the game wont run RANKED?..ANY HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED..

THANK YOU

mine is set to

set sv_pure "1" // Requires players files to match the server (1=on 0=off)

with no problems.

To run a cod4 ranked server you have to use the cfg's in the main folder, if you are using a mod folder eg - fs_game mods/modwarfare then your server will become unranked.

Thats the problem i'm using all stock configs and files,,i set it up with the tcadmin cpanel,,,i have not changed anything but the name of the server in the file,,,its weird if i put the pure set to 1 then it will not allow anyone in the server??? just crashes there game.....but with it set to 0 it wil allow us all to play without ranking up...should i make a copy of the game and try it that way?

I have done all that you suggested,and still same thing......it will not let anyone in when the server is set to pure,i have made a copy of the game in tcadmin,put in same config file for both servers,and still only allows people to enter the unpure server??i am at a loss

see for yourself what it does pure server=174.36.246.184:28960

unpure =174.36.246.189:28960

you will see the pure server will lock your system up tight...here is the same config i'm running for both

//NOTE: SOME SETTINGS ONLY WORK IN UNRANKD/MOD MODE.

//******************************************************************************

// Color Codes

//******************************************************************************

// Colors for text. Do not clear the comment in front of the color codes.

// Useful for your server name, motd msg's - Information and ref use only

//

// ^1 = Red

// ^2 = Green

// ^3 = Yellow

// ^4 = Blue

// ^5 = Cyan

// ^6 = pink/Magenta

// ^7 = White

// ^0 = Black

// ************************************************** ***

// ****** Public Info Displayed in the Game Browser *****

// ************************************************** ***

sets sv_hostname "^1Vulgar ^2Society ^4HC Mixed"

sets _Admin "Pothead"

sets _Email ""

sets _Website "www.vulgarsociety.com"

sets _Location "USA"

sets _Irc ""

sets _Mod "None"

sets _ModVer ""

sets _ModUpdate ""

sets _Maps ""

// Server Network Settings

set sv_maxRate "25000" // Data transfer rate between player and server (5000-25000)

set sv_floodProtect "1"

set g_smoothClients "1"

set net_noipx "1" // Allow ONLY tcp/ip protocol, player/server communications

//set sv_fps "20" // Not used, hardcoded into game.

set scr_motd "Welcome to our server" // Message of the day

// Admin rcon password

set rcon_password ""

// Make Server Private

sets g_needpass "0" // Makes server private (0=no 1=yes)

set g_password "" // Password to join private server

// Private Slots - Subtracted From Maxclients

set sv_privateClients "0" // Number of Private slots (Taken from server max clients)

set sv_privatePassword "CHANGEME" // Password for the private slots

// Limit Lag and Reconnects

set sv_minPing "0" // Minimum ping allowed to connect

set sv_maxPing "250" // Max ping allowed to connect

set sv_reconnectlimit "3" // Max allowed reconnect attempts

// Log File Settings

set logfile "1" // 0 = NO log, 1 = log file enabled

set g_logsync "2" // 0=no log, 1=buffered, 2=continuous, 3=append

set g_log "server_mp.log" // Name of log file, default is games_mp.log

set sv_log_damage "1"

// Anti Cheat Settings

set sv_cheats "0" // Enable/Disable cheats (May be outdated)

set sv_pure "1" // Requires players files to match the server (1=on 0=off)

set sv_allowAnonymous "0" // Allows/Disallows anonymous players to join the server (1=yes 0=no)

set sv_disableClientConsole "0" // Disables players console to prevent issue of commands (1=yes 0=no)

set sv_kickBanTime "3600" // Time in seconds a temp banned player must wait to rejoin the server

set g_banIPs "" // Banned Ip's (May be outdated, cod4 uses banlist.txt file)

set g_no_script_spam "1"

set cl_autocmd "0"

// Drop Inactive Players/Spectators

set sv_connectTimeout "300" // Drops a player whose connection times out (In seconds)

set sv_timeout "300" // Drops a player that times out (In seconds)

set sv_zombietime "2" // default 2, 0 - 1800

set g_inactivity "0" // Drops inactive player (In seconds)

set g_inactivityspectator "0" // Drops inactive spectator (In seconds)

// HTTP Redirect/Downloads (0=off/1=on) Used for MODs and custom maps

set sv_allowdownload "1"

seta sv_wwwDownload "1"

seta sv_wwwBaseURL "http://www.yourwebsite.com/base_directory"

seta sv_wwwDlDisconnected "0"

// Ingame Voice Communications

set sv_voice "1"

set sv_voiceQuality "5"

set voice_deadChat "1"

set voice_global "0"

set voice_localEcho "0"

set winvoice_mic_mute "1"

// Hardcore Settings

// Hardcore ON

// -------------

set scr_hardcore 1 // [0-1] 1=on/0=off

set scr_team_fftype 1 // [0-3] (Disabled, Enabled, Reflect, Shared)

set scr_player_maxhealth 30 // Health 0-100

set scr_player_healthregentime 10 // Health regeneration in seconds

set scr_player_respawndelay 10 // Amount of time in seconds to delay player respawn. *hardcode mode default is 10.

set scr_game_allowkillcam 0 // [0-1] 1=on/0=off

set scr_game_forceuav 0 // [0-1] 1=on/0=off

// Hardcore OFF

// -------------

//set scr_hardcore 0

//set scr_team_fftype 2 // [0-3] (Disabled, Enabled, Reflect, Shared)

//set scr_player_maxhealth 100 // Health 0-100

//set scr_player_healthregentime 5 // Health regeneration in seconds

//set scr_player_respawndelay 0 // Amount of time in seconds to delay player respawn. *hardcode mode default is 10.

//set scr_game_allowkillcam 1 // [0-1] 1=on/0=off

//set scr_game_forceuav 1 // [0-1] 1=on/0=off

// Oldschool Settings

// Oldschool ON

// ------------

//set scr_oldschool "1"

//set scr_player_maxhealth "200"

// Oldschool OFF

// -------------

set scr_oldschool "0"

// Gameplay Settings

set scr_game_spectatetype 1 // [0-2] (Disabled, Team/Players Only, Free)

set scr_game_onlyheadshots 0 // [0-1] 1=on/0=off

set scr_game_deathpointloss 0 // [0-1] 1=on/0=off

set scr_game_suicidepointloss 0 // [0-1] 1=on/0=off

// Team Settings

set scr_teambalance 1 // [0-1] 1=on/0=off

set scr_team_teamkillspawndelay 10 // Spawn delay in seconds after team killing

set scr_team_kickteamkillers 0 // [0-1] 1=yes/0=no

set scr_team_teamkillpointloss 1 // [0-1] 1=on/0=off

// Player Settings

set scr_player_suicidespawndelay 0 // Spawn delay in seconds after suicide

set scr_player_forcerespawn 1 // [0-1] 1=yes/0=no

set scr_player_sprinttime 4 // Sprint time in seconds

// Vote Settings

set g_allowvote 0 // [0-1] 1=on/0=off Enable/Disable map voting

set g_voteAbstainWeight 0.5

// Hud/Environmental Stuff

set ui_hud_obituaries 1 // [0-1] 1=on/0=off

set ui_hud_showobjicons 0 // [0-1] 1=on/0=off

set g_compassShowEnemies 0 // [0-1] 1=on/0=off

set scr_enable_scoretext 1 // [0-1] 1=on/0=off

// Misc Settings

set g_antilag 1 // [0-1] 1=on/0=off default 1

set g_speed 190

set g_gravity 800

/

i rent a dedicated from defconserver if ya can give me a better deal let me know!!! i think this is going way to far .......we should have no reason not to run a dedicated pure server,so tell me what the problem might be??????......cause they dont ever give me a definate answer.....right now "LOOKING FOR A GOOD DEDICATED SERVER " REPLY HERE I AM VERY INTERESTED...love the tcadmin program,just want what i purchase......no problem with paying,just want whats advertised....

Thank you

P.S. What are they trying to do give away bad game files?????? Thats not what was stated in the agreement

point5 me in the right direction......Please

no disrepaect to anyone ,just give me what was stated in the agreement

no sir ,as i stated before ,no custom at all ,just plain stock.....i just got an ticket back from defcon,and they said they have other resellers with no problem with cod4,,,if thats the case feel free to try and get on my pure server,,aint gonna happen,.....as stated by the other poster"no pun intended"....they have no excuse for it,,,its running there command line and still dosent matter whether its there config or not ,it will not let you in if the server is pure"1"

Thank for the responce.......STILL LOOKING FOR A DEDICATED HOSTER?...LET ME KNOW

i just want to run a cod4 pure and ranked....is it that hard to do,,am i missing something???...i'm starting to feel stupid here.....i have the basics??

Thanks for the responce ,just need some answers ,and no one seems to no the reasons for this...

Sorry, after I posted, i realized you already answered my questions in your original post.

Have you had reinstalled the COD4 server? It sounds like the server files may be corrupted. (May have occurred during FTP) I am not too sure how they have there TCAdmin set up, do you have a C:\gameinstalls folder with game files in it? If so, try moving the cod4 server files out of it so that new server files will be downloaded from their master and then reinstall your cod4 server.

Thank for the responce.......STILL LOOKING FOR A DEDICATED HOSTER?...LET ME KNOW

Thanks for the responce ,just need some answers ,and no one seems to no the reasons for this...

What your looking for is someone to run your GSP. Let's at least get the facts straight shall we?

According to our records you signed up for service 5 days ago and in this time submitted 24 tickets to do with configuring your customers game servers. The tickets aren't the problem, We understand being new to this industry you have questions which is fine.

I show our support handled each ticket you submitted with your complete satisfaction but you aren't asking for support now. What your asking is for one of my techs to login to your box and spend time troubleshooting your customers servers which isn't part of the agreement we have. If you don't agree with that assessment then by all means submit a cancel request.

What your looking for is someone to run your GSP. Let's at least get the facts straight shall we?

According to our records you signed up for service 5 days ago and in this time submitted 24 tickets to do with configuring your customers game servers. The tickets aren't the problem, We understand being new to this industry you have questions which is fine.

I show our support handled each ticket you submitted with your complete satisfaction but you aren't asking for support now. What your asking is for one of my techs to login to your box and spend time troubleshooting your customers servers which isn't part of the agreement we have. If you don't agree with that assessment then by all means submit a cancel request.

Lets get this straight!! shall we?,,,,no one wants you,or any of your tech's, to run the game server,we just want the game to run properly,by all means check the server files ,you cant get in the server if its set to pure.Not a problem at all with any other cod installation just cod4,....deleted ,reinstalled several times,and still the same problem ,over and over again,,try and get into the server and i'll bet ya its not going to happen.and by the way they arent customers servers,,,there MINE!...I tried making a customer name for the server to see if that might be the problem,but again ..nothing the cod4 server runs great when its not pure.."strange isnt it"

And as far as abusing the tickets...HEH..i just want what i pay for.if i pay for something ,and its not right,"you betcha" i'm going to ask support. All i ask Mr.Defcon, check the cod4 files and tell me there not corrupt.And as the other guy stated ,he cant enter the server either,and suggested CORRUPT FILES

Sorry, after I posted, i realized you already answered my questions in your original post.

Have you had reinstalled the COD4 server? It sounds like the server files may be corrupted. (May have occurred during FTP) I am not too sure how they have there TCAdmin set up, do you have a C:\gameinstalls folder with game files in it? If so, try moving the cod4 server files out of it so that new server files will be downloaded from their master and then reinstall your cod4 server.

And thanks doug thats the best answer i have got all day.Will try Thank You

Lets get this straight!! shall we?,,,,no one wants you,or any of your tech's, to run the game server,we just want the game to run properly,by all means check the server files ,you cant get in the server if its set to pure.Not a problem at all with any other cod installation just cod4,....deleted ,reinstalled several times,and still the same problem ,over and over again,,try and get into the server and i'll bet ya its not going to happen.and by the way they arent customers servers,,,there MINE!...I tried making a customer name for the server to see if that might be the problem,but again ..nothing the cod4 server runs great when its not pure.."strange isnt it"

And as far as abusing the tickets...HEH..i just want what i pay for.if i pay for something ,and its not right,"you betcha" i'm going to ask support. All i ask Mr.Defcon, check the cod4 files and tell me there not corrupt.And as the other guy stated ,he cant enter the server either,and suggested CORRUPT FILES

Hey bud,

You better watch how you rage on these forums.

1. This is not Defcon servers.

2. This is not "Gameserver Provider Classes for Morons"

3. This is a control panel "Community Forum" with volunteer support for the "Control Panel" not "Call of Duty 4 Fix-a-lot"

So if your looking for somewhere to rage, you better take yourself elsewhere Mr."PooTang".

Oh, and watch how you talk to people around here, or you may find it difficult to find a host in the future who's willing to put up with your attitude.

Hey bud,

You better watch how you rage on these forums.

1. This is not Defcon servers.

2. This is not "Gameserver Provider Classes for Morons"

3. This is a control panel "Community Forum" with volunteer support for the "Control Panel" not "Call of Duty 4 Fix-a-lot"

So if your looking for somewhere to rage, you better take yourself elsewhere Mr."PooTang".

Oh, and watch how you talk to people around here, or you may find it difficult to find a host in the future who's willing to put up with your attitude.

No one raged anything, i started this thread for information on the game"cod4" .as I recall this is game support.? I asked what needed to be asked,....

If i have come across to any of you, as being rude or unacceptable,then i apologize fully,i just want some help with this problem.It has me upset due to the fact i cant run the cod4 game pure,but i can run a cod2,codwaw pure ?Just here looking for answers

Thank you again

You were exactly right CORRUPT GAME FILES,

Thank you for your suggestion Trenchfoot,it pointed me in the right direction,it now works....and runs pure

Not exactly..

I had a tech check into this last night and they found two problems.

1. Your PB wasn't up to date. They updated this for you. (FYI. You can update using the PB icon in your CP)

2. Your cmdline was incorrect. There were redundant settings which may/may not have caused issue.

Corrupt server files wouldn't be an issue since your master is not set to store a local copy which means each time a new server is created or reloaded it's grabbing a fresh copy from our fileserver.

After verifying your server worked correctly I took the liberty of installing 3 COD4 servers on 3 different machines just to make sure and all worked fine both pure and unpure.

Not exactly..

I had a tech check into this last night and they found two problems.

1. Your PB wasn't up to date. They updated this for you. (FYI. You can update using the PB icon in your CP)

2. Your cmdline was incorrect. There were redundant settings which may/may not have caused issue.

Corrupt server files wouldn't be an issue since your master is not set to store a local copy which means each time a new server is created or reloaded it's grabbing a fresh copy from our fileserver.

After verifying your server worked correctly I took the liberty of installing 3 COD4 servers on 3 different machines just to make sure and all worked fine both pure and unpure.

I thank you for checking, but the problem was when the game was installed with tcadmin,it was installed as 1.5 patch,,,therefore no one could enter it as pure....reason is the 1.4 contained the map Winter crash which is needed if you have 1.7 installed...thats why everyone crashed when entering the server...it was giving them impure .iwd's ....so basically i just updated through the system ,patch after patch,and it finally let the game run pure ,after the 1.4 patch was installed....As i said, i apologize for the grief,and hope all goes well in the future.

Thank you

Archived