External FTP Server

Monk

I decided that I hate the FTP server that is built into it. I have my reasons, but

Here's the SQL code for the server to allow for dirs, UID and stuff. I'm using pure-ftpd in production without any issues.

Enjoy!

MYSQLGetPW      SELECT MD5_Password as Password FROM tc_users WHERE User_ID="\L" AND status="1"

# Hackity Hack Hack! Better way to do this, but it works. 
# Allows for multiple services to show up when a user logins 
MYSQLGetDir     SELECT "c:\servers/\L/GameServers" AS Dir FROM tc_services WHERE USER_ID="\L" AND SERVER_IP="\I"

Great work Monk!

I hope you didnt forgot to deny executable files uploading ;)

This isnt the actual FTP server, this is just going to get you the password and game directory so that you can integrate it with your own FTP server

;)

Be careful with this code. You need to make sure that you have locked down the FTP server so users cannot access certain files etc... I know Monk will be security wise with it, but others users should not simply use it to connect to pure-ftpd.

I have Chroot enabled, and antiwarez enabled. The server runs with privsep, and it doesn't allow chmod. The server runs as a user (tcadmin) and it's completely secure.

I'm working on getting TLS enabled with this, which will be totally secure in upload config files with passwords in them.

On my other.. setup, ECF, it corrupts uploads for maps. Not really an issue that your fault, just my environment. Plus I thought it would be fun to do :p

Another thing is, I can centralize logging to see if people try and upload zip files with warez in them (it's happended before)

• 1 month later...

Archived