Cod Waw big issue

dimitrifrom31

Hi,

Ive been running cod waw servers for few days now without any problem.

A customer recently updated his openwarfare mod and his server couldnt work anymore. I told him to reinstall his server using the TCA feature, he did it but the server wouldnt run even without any mod, just on a fresh reinstall.

Problem is now when I stop or restart any other Cod Waw server they arent able to start anymore...

Although I made a .bat file with a copy paste of the command line used by TCA and it does start the server fine.

So it looks like the issue comes from TCA itself.

if any1 had this issue or got an idea about how to fix it... thx

After reading all the threads related to cod waw Ive tried evertyhing and dont ask me why but at 5th attempt to launch the service as an administrator it worked.

Although I dont want to have to edit the service settings everytime a consumer orders a new cod waw server else whats the point to have automation services with TCA and CE...

After reading all the threads related to cod waw Ive tried evertyhing and dont ask me why but at 5th attempt to launch the service as an administrator it worked.

Although I dont want to have to edit the service settings everytime a consumer orders a new cod waw server else whats the point to have automation services with TCA and CE...

by "launching as an admin" I meant I went into Windows config panel > admin tools > Services and then right click on the cod waw server and changed the logon from local to my remote account.

by "launching as an admin" I meant I went into Windows config panel > admin tools > Services and then right click on the cod waw server and changed the logon from local to my remote account.

That's what I mean, the user the was originally selected (the server user) does not have the correct permissions to launch the executable..... TCadmin support will uncountably help you out.

Well when I check for updates theres an update available :

1.0.3231.17598 Update Update - Removed a popup window when starting CoDWaW Beta.

- Added query support for San Andreas MultiPlayer.

- Fixed a connection error when the website is running with ASP.NET 2.0 and the master or remote monitor is behind a hardware firewall.

So i check install and click "install selected". After few seconds I get this confirmation message :

"Updating TCAdmin...

Database does not require an update.

TCAdmin web site has been updated. You have been logged off and the web site has been restarted.

The master monitor has been updated and restarted.

The update has been completed."

Although when I check for updates again, I got same update available what makes me think it was probably not installed.

I will test cod waw servers right now

I just tried to restart another codwaw server (my demo one) that was working fine and it stops but cant start anymore... unbelievable.

When you try to launch the server through the exe file direct on the box does it give you any errors?

I have all my CODWAW server services running as local system as i do with all my servers and not under the Administrator.

I did have a problem when I first started setting them up on new boxes but this was just the missing dll files that come with the latest direct x. Available Here

You may have some dll files missing so check for loading errors when loading the exe's

Actually I just solved the problem by uploading fresh server filees in GameInstall.

Somehow my server files got screwed, I saw it trying to run a server with a .bat directly from the model files in GameInstall/CODWAW_FULL.

It returned me an error whereas it didnt when I was launching existing servers with a .bat.

So basically everything seems to be ok now, thanks to every1.

Archived