12 mbps busrtable enought for...

iLight

• 1 month later...
iLight unless your dropping over $3000 a month you dont truly have a 100 mbps connection to one server sorry to tell ya.

maybe $2000 a month if the bandwidth provider has a really cheap high commitment plan.

I'd have to disagree with that, having experienced 100 mbs inbound a couple times from a DOS attacks until nulrouted. And having a server mistake result in one of my servers bursting 98 mbps outbound for about 12 minuets I'm quite certian my machines are truly on 100 mbps lines and I am not paying anywhere near those figures.

I'd have to disagree with that, having experienced 100 mbs inbound a couple times from a DOS attacks until nulrouted. And having a server mistake result in one of my servers bursting 98 mbps outbound for about 12 minuets I'm quite certian my machines are truly on 100 mbps lines and I am not paying anywhere near those figures.

Who is your host?

To clear the air:

All machines on the ColoCrossing network are connected via either 100 or 1000 Mbit *dedicated* links to our distribution layer. There is no over subscription. If the destination (the other server) you're downloading/uploading to fis fast enough you'll have no problem pegging your port speed.

The only difference between 95th and GB based commits are the way the bandwidth you use is billed. At least that's true at ColoCrossing.

Archived