IIS Fails to do anything...

APlus

Okay I'll start with the story, I got the TCAdmin Trial to start out with. I got it setup correctly after a bunch of mumbling with ASP and IIS. TCAdmin was working perfectly, also I had installed PHP and it worked fine as well. A few days later, my server got a blue screen (I suspect some updates or something, but that doesn't matter), and when it was running again IIS had broken. MSC was saying something about a timely fashion. I then reinstalled IIS, PHP, .NET, and ASP, ran the TCA config again, created all the websites and waited for everything to settle in (also took a stress relief break :p ). Now I can see all HTML files, but thats it. Anytime I try to open a .php or .aspx (IE the TCAdmin Panel) it gives me a 404. I am at wit's end here and would appreciate ANY help!

Thanks,

Aplus

Well I looked at some articles about installing ASP different than i had done it, apparently I had to allow something in the IIS manager, and now I get "%1 is not a valid Win32 application. " when I browse to the TCA site. PS I was not able to use Browse to see the site.

• 2 months later...

You also can reinstall IIS. In control panel go to Add or Remove Programms then Remove/Add Windows components. But you have to put Windows Server CD in ROM to reinstall IIS by this method.

Event Viewer may help you to find some errors and problems in system and in aplication startup and running.

Archived