BF2 1.5 Patch, any news?

• 1 month later...

I dont think this patch is about to fix problems its more about bring sudden day for BF2 funs as they announce BF3 ,thats what I think as BF2 fun after I tested beta Patch 1.5 ,and yes I am back on 1.41 again lots of people even dont want to try new beta relesaes,so much about EA and keeping BF2 alive :oh noes;)

• 2 months later...
Yea , it was released pretty sexy. Does anyone have the touched files btw ?

Gamerslifeline doesn't seem to provide them.

/smacks Patrick

Just use the dedicated installer for the 1.5 unranked server. Remove the files that are already in place for the client installs like default profile etc.. and use it as a patch.

Don't forget to update the modmanager.con

We didnt use touched files for this one. We made patch packs as described above. I would post it but I am sure mine is missing alot of what you want since our TCA config creates alot of these files and I had to redo my cfg's

After Patch its giving an error after BF2CC loads and it goes to launch the server.

I loaded 1.41 Patch then 1.50 patch and I made sure it didnt overwrite some of the TCA files and it says the following

Debug Assertion Failed

C:/dice/projects/bf2branches/patch_1_50/code/bf2/game/gameserver/gameserver.cpp

Reason server trying to use unauthorized ranking services

Its acting like it wont accept our IP range for ranking but it runs fine ranked on the old version any ideas?

After Patch its giving an error after BF2CC loads and it goes to launch the server.

I loaded 1.41 Patch then 1.50 patch and I made sure it didnt overwrite some of the TCA files and it says the following

Debug Assertion Failed

C:/dice/projects/bf2branches/patch_1_50/code/bf2/game/gameserver/gameserver.cpp

Reason server trying to use unauthorized ranking services

Its acting like it wont accept our IP range for ranking but it runs fine ranked on the old version any ideas?

You need to add the stuff from 2142 commandline now >>

EI..

+provider xxxxx +region US +type 1 -ranked

Also take the provider.sec file from the python/bf2/stats folder in 2142 and use it in the same location in the new BF2.

Read the Ranked mailers bro.. ;)

your really best to use the ranked server installer V1.5 they provided, add the mod manager files and provider.sec file and edit the cmd line.

here is a link to the UNRANKED V1.5 installer

http://downloads.hypernia.com/server/Standalones%20Windows/Battlefield%202/Battlefield%202%20Unranked%20Server%20V1.5.rar

If you don't have the ranked one don't ask me .. ;)

So on this new patch did they only allow the providers from 2142?? We can run ranked old versions no problem when we update to new patches it acts as if we are not a ranked provider for Patch 1.50 but we are a ranked provider for Version 1.1 and 1.4

Very weird

Archived