Garrys mod

Server Hardware: Xeon quad core 2.66 (single)- 4 gbs ram 800 mhzs

1.2 tb space (4*320) Raid 0;

I receive this error about every 30 minutes....

(Via Event Viewer)

Application popup: srcds.exe - Application Error: The instruction at "0x01131925 reference memory at "0x0f6438d4". The memory could not be "read".

I seem to only receive this error on the 2003 os.

Same hardware on the 2008 server no application popup-Any solutions?

(Besides upgrading all the computers to 2008 server)

I would NOT raid 0 4 hard drives on a machine like that.

Never.

When I had that problem instead of diagnosing the issue, I simply did an OS reload which resolved the problem.

Stop with the 4 hdd RAID 0 setup, you are putting forth too much risk without many benefits doing that. Stick with 2 500 gb with RAID 1, or just use your existing setup in a RAID 10.

I would NOT raid 0 4 hard drives on a machine like that.

Never.

When I had that problem instead of diagnosing the issue, I simply did an OS reload which resolved the problem.

Stop with the 4 hdd RAID 0 setup, you are putting forth too much risk without many benefits doing that. Stick with 2 500 gb with RAID 1, or just use your existing setup in a RAID 10.

Thanks for helping so all i got to do is restart it or reinstall the os? b/c it would suck if i have to reinstall it

Also if I change the raid to 10 wont it erase everything?

It is a new install. I have had this problem once but with all the games, but after a reinstall it did work. But now this seems to only be happening on garrysmod.

The faulting application error seems to have stopped after rebooting the server.

The last error has changed to:

Faulting application srcds.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module engine.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00083b20.

Faulting application srcds.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0000000b.

Remember this is garrysmod only...

The application popup has stopped

Does anyone know if you can delete updates from the 2003 server os?

• 4 months later...
Thanks for helping so all i got to do is restart it or reinstall the os? b/c it would suck if i have to reinstall it

Also if I change the raid to 10 wont it erase everything?

You shouldn't need to do a reinstall, ou can do a repair.

Simply put our OS disk in and away you go. A tip though, dont say yes to the first "Do you want to repair"question, pass it by then say yes next time, its far better that way :)

Archived