ArmA 1.16 beta

I believe Arma has to be installed to the server and cant be run via command line just using the files. You need to iso it transfer the files and install the iso onto the server then use the dedicated server launcher. Good luck cause the game is not worth it to even try to host.

Already hosting it and it works just fine. Only problem is that I would like to upload only the touched files of this beta patch so I dont have to reupload everything. Not to mention this is only a beta patch so I want my customers run the officical 1.14 by default and only apply the patch for the ones who want it.

It needs to be

-mod=@beta not -mod=beta ;)

weird, i used the @ for @ACE as the folder was named @ACE too. i ll try it but it was actually working with -mod=beta

only problem is that other mods couldnt be launched, server wasnt responding if commandline was for exemple :

-mod=beta;@ACE

thx for the tip, will give it a try

I installed full game on a remote machine ages ago, then transfered the game files to my server files.

So yes iam now running the games with files and command line only as I dotn have it instaleld anymore since I switched my files hosting method (used to host game files on master server where my games were also installed, now using files server and dont have games installed on master anymore).

You have to manually change the servers "working directory" under the customers "server settings" to point at the beta folder to launch the beta version. A commandline change is also needed but it won't run unless you change the working directory to where the beta exe is.

FYI. You don't need the game manually installed on each server.

Hope this helps!

Ye i knew about the changes altho the wiki said the working directory had not to be changed. but my problem was that I was probably missing some files.

Anyway I found a solution creating a registry key :

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA]
"KEY"=hex:xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx
"MAIN"="C:\\Program files\\Bohemia Interactive\\ArmA"

source: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Dedicated_Server

Will try to directly install the patch on the machine now

EDIT : for windows 64 bits had to use this :

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA]
"MAIN"="E:\\GameInstalls\\Arma1.16"
"KEY"=hex:xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA Queen's Gambit]
"MAIN"="E:\\GameInstalls\\Arma1.16"

Replace the main folder by urs ofc if sum1 needs it too

Archived