Suggestions

nhouck

Don't see anywhere else to post these so:

1. Allow for installing Secondary Applications to a different server than the primary game. I.e. be able to specify the datacenter for that app. This would be of particular use for HLTV's that we don't want clogging up our higher end servers.

2. Allow for passing the primary server's private password to secondary applications. Again for HLTV's you need to know the primary game server's private password to auto configure the HLTV config and have it work, otherwise it won't connect.

3. Flag to automatically run SteamUpdate after game install. I have put a script in the install scripts area for this, but would be a nice to have built-in feature.

About point 3, more easy to have an schedule update on "Gameinstall" folder? Once every week etc. Then you dont need to update every time somone install/reinstall a server.

We use it, and works just nice :)

Ya I have that too, for some odd reason though the script will fail once in a while and then not start again, and I'm just too lazy to mess with it to make it work 100% of the time on every server. Easier to do it in one place.

Archived