config editor and restricted files

I host some trackmania servers and the fast mod plugins settings are inside .php files.

of course php files are blocked by the ftp for obvious security measures.

But I need some things to be editable inside those php files, so I tried to use the config editor so I could let my customers edit ONLY what I decided they could edit.

problem is when I click on config editor I got an error message "restricted file". I perfectly understand that the text editor blocks the acces s but the config editor should not as we can set it so only some parts can be edited.

This is a major problem to sell TM servers as TM players almost all use fast and its plugins.

So is there a way to allw edition, if not this is a feature request. I know you are developping a new TCA version and only "fixing" problems on existing one but I consider this as a major problem as I cant honestly sell TM servers if ppl cant edit settings.

Open the config file for that game and click on one of the config.php files you are trying to allow access to and make sure the "Allow Text Editor if File Manager is Disabled" option is checked.

Archived