What do I need ?

Guest wycs

Guest wycs

I currently have two separate dedicated servers, plan to get TCAdmin to make them easier to manage. Now however I was originally thinking I had to get a master license and two remote licenses and host the master license on a separate server.

However i've since read that the remote and master are basicly the same thing and the remote is just discounted so you don't have to buy additional master servers, so would all I really need is one master and one remote ?

Guest wycs

Also if that is correct is there any advantage to hosting the master server as a separate server ie will it impact on performance if it's hosted on one of the dedicated servers running the games.

To answer your licensing question you would need 1 Master and 1 Remote license.

As far as impacting the server you intend to host games on the master server will use resources. You should factor this into the amount of games you plan to host on that server and the database type you are going to use for your TCAdmin install.

Archived