Call of Duty 2 1.01 Hyperthread & Dual Core Fix

DougK94

http://download.activision.com/callofduty2/cod2intelpatch_10 1.exe

This is the link to the original update file, the updated files for your servers are here. I have also included Luigi's buffer overflow patch to the attached file. (too large to attach to this post :roll: )

http://neigameservers.com/cod2.patch1.01.zip

This is an OFFICIAL Patch from Activision for Intel Hyperthread, Dual Proc and Dual Core Processors.

This Call of Duty? 2 update is recommended for Windows 2000/XP users with Intel Hyper-Threading Technology (HT Technology) enabled processors, multiple processors, or systems with a dual core processor. This update will bring any supported version of Call of Duty 2 up to version 1.01. This upgrade will not affect pure server, and will not affect your ability to join or host multiplayer games with version 1.0 players.

Infinity Ward worked closely with Intel to improve Call of Duty 2 performance on systems with HT Technology, multiple processors, or dual core processors. If you do not know whether you have a multi-processor, dual core, or HT Technology enabled system, please see the ReadMe file for simple instructions on checking your system.

Please note that Call of Duty 2 is a very graphically intense game. The greatest performance increase from this upgrade will be realized by selecting Optimal System Settings in the Options menu.

This update supports US/UK English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Polish, and Russian language versions of Call of Duty 2 only.

I installed this patch on all our Intel machines it applies to - Performance increased and running fine.

Its a winner!

Call of Duty? 2 Intel? Dual-Core Optimization Update README

PLEASE NOTE: This is an optional update for users of Intel Dual-Core processors and is not recommended for use with other processor types. Please consult your CPU documentation to make sure your processor supports Hyper-Threading before installing this update.

This optional update for Call of Duty 2 adds optimization, specifically to take advantage of Hyper-Threading technology in Intel processors. These optimizations will increase performance in both Single and Multiplayer modes. While significant performance gains will be seen on Single-Core processors which support Hyper-Threading, the greatest increase will be realized on Dual-Core processors.

HOW TO TELL IF YOU HAVE A SUPPORTED PROCESSOR:

1. Hit Ctrl + Alt + Delete.

2. Select 'Task Manager'.

3. Select the 'Performance' tab.

4. Select View CPU History One Graph Per CPU

5. More than one graph side by side below the 'CPU Usage History' label indicates you have a Dual Core processor or a processor with Hyper-Threading technology.

AUTODETECT: Call of Duty 2 will automatically enable these optimizations if it detects that you have a supported processor.

MULTIPLAYER: This update will not affect your ability to Host and Join multiplayer games. You will be able to Host and play with other players (patched and unpatched) normally.

CUSTOMER SUPPORT: This update supports US English, UK English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Polish, and Russian language versions of Call of Duty 2. If you need assistance, please consult your Call of Duty 2 Help file for Customer Support contact information in your area.

NOTES FOR MOD USERS: It is recommended that any user modifications that have been installed to the Call of Duty 2 directory be removed before installing this update. User modifications are not supported by Activision? and may not be compatible with this update.

• 2 weeks later...

This hasn't seemed to help server side at all, but it has helped on client side. I dont think the smp is for the server, just the client :sad:

Even klaude @ i365 did testing on it (he did it on dual xeon I believe, I did it on dual opterons), and both seemed to not do anything special.

• 3 months later...

Archived