AA3 and TS3 config

frbnet

You cant run it in global mode (has to be lan)if it's not an auth server plus it max's out at 26 slots not 32;

Server Alley_day_cloudy?GLOBAL?MissionType=tah?MissionVariant=east?MissionSize=large?MissionTourID=inf?MaxPlayers=32 MultihomeIP=217.146.93.82 Port=8777 QueryPort=39300 log=Gameserver.log -nohomedir -unattended

try running this in the overide command line in service settings:

server Ranch_day_fog?LAN?MissionType=ao?MissionSize=large?MissionTourID=inf?MissionVariant=dev1?MaxPlayers=24 MULTIHOME=217.146.93.82

the server will default to port 8777 as thats the only port allowed at this time

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Process Id: 3024

CPU Usage: 6.56

Memory Usage: 380.73 MB

Disk Usage: 2.07 GB

Start Time: 19/06/2009 15:18:41

Times Crashed/Not Responding: 0

Last Restart:

youd say it was running but i cant find it in the server lists online :(

its starting to do my head in

lol

Process Id: 3024

CPU Usage: 6.56

Memory Usage: 380.73 MB

Disk Usage: 2.07 GB

Start Time: 19/06/2009 15:18:41

Times Crashed/Not Responding: 0

Last Restart:

youd say it was running but i cant find it in the server lists online :(

its starting to do my head in

lol

Only Honor server are showing on the browser now.

If you have trouble with the game not loading it's probably a DX or c++. You will need to make sure you have the latest c++ and DX drivers installed.

man, i have tried every variation of the command line, global and lan, different cfg files, everything i can think of and nuthin.

right now i tried the proclans suggestion and i just get a unreal .dmp error file in the logs directory.

The only thing i can think of is the files. what are you guys using, how are you applying them?

Here is the correct command line we use.

Is that for Honor servers,because that one if sais GLOBAL not working for me? If I use LAN than its working,but I have another problem I dont know what is wrong with my config ,cannot have any roles and only one player can play game other once need to spectate :confused:

I think I will wait till they fix all those bugs and troubles they have looks like this is BETA version damn not offical release:p

I have a couple questions. I used the config above and the suggested command line above, but they came out with a new patch that added a folder named Servers that had a slightly different AA3Game.exe file. I can't get the server to show in the browser even as non-honor. (as all the honor servers have not been added I hear). I just want to get one up to test it out.. even non-honor. Any ideas? Do non-auth or non-honor servers show up in the browser? Thx

Hey Mouth,thx for answer,but as I said my server even want start when I put Global in cmd line? Moment I change cmd line to LAN I am able to connect ...but you are right server is not showing in browser,as guy above me sais I heard here and on AA forums only Honor server showing in browser.

I even sent mail to AA staff with request to authorize my server because I red somewhere that server need to be authorized, but no answer I guess they are busy with all those troubles.

So I have few questions for you if you could answer would be nice or somone else :

1: Do you run Honor server? If not does your server showing in browser?

2: What cmd line you are using?

3: Is it possible you post here you default.ini file or Game.ini whatever?

4: Is roles working on your server?

5: Did you try to connect with more than one person?Are they all able to play in once ,because as I posted above I never had troubles runing server after I use cmd with LAN inside but ony 1 player can play all others just specating :confused:

I dont know if I missed something hope not maybe this is important I am trying to run this on win web server 2008.

Thx in advance m8

Edited by dumdum1974

1: Do you run Honor server? Yes

If not does your server showing in browser? Not unless it's in Global and it will need to be registed. The website for server registration is supposed to be online next week. That is the latest I have from Pragmatic

2: What cmd line you are using? It will be in the config: server Pipeline_dawn_clear?GLOBAL?MissionType=ad?MissionSize=large?MissionVariant=classic?MaxPlayers=26?MaxSpectators=0 MULTIHOME=208.64.36.28

3: Is it possible you post here you default.ini file or Game.ini whatever? Yes, I have uploaded it.

4: Is roles working on your server? Server works fine just needing more tweaking from the Dev's.

5: Did you try to connect with more than one person?Are they all able to play in once ,because as I posted above I never had troubles runing server after I use cmd with LAN inside but ony 1 player can play all others just specating. The config will take care of that all you will need to do is change the Global to LAN, it does work. That is what I had to do before the beta servers were authorized.

Also just one more quick question, from what I read you change the DefaultGame.ini and not the AA3Game.ini as the other one isn't working correctly. Is that right?

Yes all settings must be done to the DefaultGame.ini. It will overwrite the AA3Game.ini at any given time. The DefaultGame.ini creates the AA3Game.ini for the server to run.

It's best to use the full install and don't just add a patch. The patch Prag sent out to the server providers was faulty and we had to use the full install again.

America's Army 3 Honor.txt

Edited by {-SMAKU-}_MotorMouth

Thx Mouth,

I give up lol ,tried all what you guys suggested here but still the same,only one player can play,no roles to chose I dont know ,I have downloaded files again , just not going damn :confused::oh noes

Anyway time to have some holidays 3 weeks I gues till I am back AA 3 will run as it should ;)

Mine are running at roughly 53MB each Jason. I downloaded my files about 10am yesterday from STEAM and installed them on 2 Win2K3 boxes without incident so far using this config.

X64 or X86 Win2k3?

Are you sure it's actually running? If you don't have the latest directX files they will use about that when they display the error message and are not actually running.

I have several 20 slot Honor servers using a whole 2.66ghz core (25% quad core) and using 700-900mb ram when full.

I doubt 53mb is even running properly.

BTW, if you guys are trying to use Auth user/passwords from AA2 you need to contact Pragmatic and get them changed over to AA3 to get it to work properly.

Is anyone running 26 slot servers ok on Dual XEON Quad Core 5405 servers or XEON Quad Core 3220? - please post usage specs and OS. :)

Edited by MudGuts

Well there has to be a query port because you can query it on the AA site....however perhaps they havent released the protocol information yet.

Thats is from their authorization server, it is not a server query..

From AA : There is NO outside query capability built into the server.

Is anyone running 26 slot servers ok on Dual XEON Quad Core 5405 servers or XEON Quad Core 3220? - please post usage specs and OS. :)

Yes I run Dual Quad Xeons and its the same.

15-25% CPU and it varies on RAM, since there is a RAM leak bug were if you don't restart them at least once a day or every 12 hours they will continue to BUILD ram usage. I had one up to 1.45GB of RAM before I restarted it; went back to 400MB for a little bit. Mostly they hover around 600-800MB

X64 or X86 Win2k3?

Are you sure it's actually running? If you don't have the latest directX files they will use about that when they display the error message and are not actually running.

I have several 20 slot Honor servers using a whole 2.66ghz core (25% quad core) and using 700-900mb ram when full.

I doubt 53mb is even running properly.

BTW, if you guys are trying to use Auth user/passwords from AA2 you need to contact Pragmatic and get them changed over to AA3 to get it to work properly.

With the latest build our CPU's are using 7 to 13% CPU and 500 to 900MB of RAM. I've not noticed a difference in the CPU and RAM from our 5405's just the Boot time is less on the 5410's and 5420's.

Wow.. our servers are authorised for honor.. but the patch is bad !?!? I see you say to use the full install.. only one quick question for you

1. Do you have auth servers with honor up on the full install?

2. And where do you put the auth/honor info in the default ini?

Sorry to bug ya man but this is driving me nutz! I have tried so many combos and configs to get it to work

When I see all of this I am lucky we didnt payed for honor licence,with so much troubles and customers complains,eating so much memory and staff like that, I think I will think twice before we purchase license for this game and its kind'a not cheap if you ask me annual cost is fine but charging for everi instance commone nah,GL US army ;):confused:

Take care all going to have some fun on holidays for 3 weeks without customers complaining how they payed for honor server and they are not runing properly etc etc oh I am so lucky cause my compnay changed in last moment not to take license :rolleyes:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use