windows 2008 server - HOW LONG??

yodaddy

how long can we expect tcadmin to work with windows 2008, or will we have to wait longer because i want to host 1000fps servers but its not possible with windows 2003, and want tcadmin. So 2008 is my next bet to be able to host 1000 fps servers.

Tcadmin works, there are little things like interact with desktop that do not work the same but win2008 is a different beast and many of those functions probably won't ever work the same with 2008.

A browse around the forums will show many that are currently using 2008, but not not all games are compatible with 2008.

okay, is there a list of games that have support for windows 2008. Because i just confirmed with my mobo manufacture that HPET is supported in the updated bios so that 1000mhz right out of box. iv tried using linux but its a pain in the pass in my opionion, why learn something new when you can do just as much on something you already know. :p

Also what version of Windows 2008 do i need, Web, Standard or Enterprise?

I have a choice of 2 mobos that both support hpet.

Ones Dual LGA1366 and ones DUAL LGA771

Should i get 2 x E5520(2.26mhz) or 2 x E5420s (2.5mhz) which one would give more performance for game servers?

The only ones I know of at the moment that have some problems are Americas Army, MOHAA, and some of the older games based on quake 2 engine. The older a game the more likely it is to have problems, the new ones will probably be fine.

standard or enterprise should be used, web is for web hosting.

ya, i dont plan on hosting older games or AA. so windows 2008 standard will support Dual Quad Core cpus? (8cores total), and 16gb of ram.

Also where is best place to buy server 2008 std?

Also does any 1 how many CSS 16 slot servers or COd4 16 slot servers my specs could host?

ya im building this box my self, just gotta find where i can buy 2008 standard because there is so many different ones you can buy of it from newegg, like 5 cal 25cal and stuff, so i dont know what i need.

Single license. You will only have one person (YOU) connecting to the box. You do NOT need any extra CAL (Client Access License).

I would go with 2008 STD, that is what I have had on all my box (before I moved them to Linux, I still have 1 with 2008 on it, never had a problem.)

Archived