Patch Updates

24play

Probably a stupid question (had a fair few of them)

If a release comes out for a game like the intel patch for COD2, how do you patch all the game servers at once

Do you have to have the files as they are after executing or is there a way to install per say

I know you need registry key entries to point to each installation you are installing an exe patch to and thats why I am curious

Best way is to run the UpdateGenerator tool located on the master server in the monitor folder.

Point the tool to the patch exe or bat file and then point it to the Gameinstall directory for that game.

Run the update and any changed or added files will be filtered out. Once the update it complete you will be prompted to create a zip file.

This zip can then be publish in TCAmin to do single updates and to do batch updates.

All the info is in the manual if you need to review it.

For the main install simply zip the folder up again or add the files to the existing zip.

That is only used for new installs. The patch zip simply adds and/or changes the game server file that are already running.

Basically you should have the full folder with the install files for COD 2 in it's install directory uncompressed so that you can do updates for it.

ah so I should have my zips in my normal directory and a seperate directory full of unzipped games for patching?

If thats what you meant it now makes perfect sense and I will do that

It is 06:24 here so excuse my stupidest

as you said..sleep is for the weak :grin:

Correct. You should have the full uncompressed files within C:\Gameinstalls\COD2 for example.

Then you have your COD2.zip for installation purposes. So you allways have un uncompressed set of files to update, and fall back on if the zip ever got corrupted.

It looks for a .zip and/or .rar file first. If it does not find one it will then search for the folder.

**Note - allways name your compressed files the same as the folder name you specify in the game config.

Example: If you name your folder COD2, make the compressed file COD2.zip or COD2.rar

Archived