dallas servers

potato

Very good call Potato. You can talk to ColoGuys they seem to have very fair prices. Tell them Ryan from Primary Target sent you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote: I need a data center not the middle man

This response was just classic lol

I don't know of any datacenters that rent dedicated servers. If you want to deal directly with the DC, your best bet would be to colocate a server. Otherwise just go with someone who leases space in the DC and get a server from them.

I don't know of any datacenters that rent dedicated servers. If you want to deal directly with the DC, your best bet would be to colocate a server. Otherwise just go with someone who leases space in the DC and get a server from them.

Depends on what you define as the datacenter.

Is it the room with all the servers and networking equipment or the building that houses it.

Some buildings have multiple datacenters.

Bottom line, a server in Softlayer's datacenter, for instance, is no different if you buy it from Softlayer, 10TB.com, Defcon, any other of their many resellers, or even myself. It comes down to who can offer you the support and cheapest price. A company that has servers in the hundreds with them will be able to get you something much lower than advertised on their site.

Depends on what you define as the datacenter.

Is it the room with all the servers and networking equipment or the building that houses it.

Some buildings have multiple datacenters.

Bottom line, a server in Softlayer's datacenter, for instance, is no different if you buy it from Softlayer, 10TB.com, Defcon, any other of their many resellers, or even myself. It comes down to who can offer you the support and cheapest price. A company that has servers in the hundreds with them will be able to get you something much lower than advertised on their site.

This is mostly true, but people who rent cages/racks from the DC also have less control over what goes on. For instance if there is a power outage you are stuck dealing with a reseller and not directly with the DC...

And I also take back that I havent heard of one in Dallas, The Planet owns their DC and they rent dedicated servers.

This is mostly true, but people who rent cages/racks from the DC also have less control over what goes on. For instance if there is a power outage you are stuck dealing with a reseller and not directly with the DC...

And I also take back that I havent heard of one in Dallas, The Planet owns their DC and they rent dedicated servers.

That is why we put all servers on a remote reboot switch and the customer has a username and password so they can request support from the data center and not have to deal with a reseller.

90% of all server issues are solved by the the customer and only requires a remote reboot

That is why we put all servers on a remote reboot switch and the customer has a username and password so they can request support from the data center and not have to deal with a reseller.

90% of all server issues are solved by the the customer and only requires a remote reboot

You totally missed jcroom's point.

A power outage won't be solved by a remote reboot port.

If a data center isn't routinely doing 'practice trials' (for a lack of better words) on their generators, what's the point of them being a fail over mechanism?

Presuming by how you've put it in context, that the either A) don't have generators or B) the generators fail to operate due to malfunction.

If a data center isn't routinely doing 'practice trials' (for a lack of better words) on their generators, what's the point of them being a fail over mechanism?

Presuming by how you've put it in context, that the either A) don't have generators or B) the generators fail to operate due to malfunction.

lol so true.

• 3 years later...

Archived