Arma2 patch 1.03 released

ftp://arma-fr.net/patchs/ARMA2Patch_1_03_.zip

Edit : dedicated executable released now : http://www.arma2.com/support/updates/file/182-arma2server_1_03.html?lang=en

Note that the dedicated executable was not released yet.

Until it gets released I renamed the arma2.exe to arma2server.exe and added the parameter "-server" to the command line.

I wanted to upload touched files but it seems that over 6Gb are concerned.

ftp://arma-fr.net/patchs/ARMA2Patch_1_03_.zip

Note that the dedicated executable was not released yet.

Until it gets released I renamed the arma2.exe to arma2server.exe and added the parameter "-server" to the command line.

I wanted to upload touched files but it seems that over 6Gb are concerned.

The patch is only 137mbs. Where did you get 6gbs from?

Something's wrong with your setup. The whole game install is far less then 1/2 that size..

the whole game install is 8.31GB for me but i got a digital copy install that may be why.

Note that after patching I had to validate the licence key before being able to launch the arma2.exe.

And once that done I figured that the servers are no longer working along with TCAdmin, but they work just fine when launched with a bat using exactly same command line.

This has to be worst patch ever, do not install if until dedicated server executable is released...

If you got boxed version the DVD must be inserted in the drivees of evey single machine running arma2.

If you got a digital copy you gota activate the game with your licence key after patching on all your machines too. But theres a limit and I wasnt able to activate on more than 2 machines.

Guest louise

That's correct maybe the patch is small but you need to patch the files that already exist

hence the large patch still.

1) Have them put in a ticket to have their servers updated and manually drop the contents into their servers.

or

2) Update your master files and see if the clients wants to reinstall, this will pull the updated .rar file to create the server.

I got 6 GB on modified files also so it is not just Roxservers

I stand corrected. I took a look over the files the updater spit out and show 6.80GBs.. Also getting the timeout errors here, Problem is we have arma2 servers on just about every machine so it's a task to update each by hand.. Maybe I'll give your idea of modifying the master and having them reload. :)

Stick it in the mods area :) not sure if that will help

+ 1

tested different things and this is the best solution so far.

As a game update the request was timing out even tho the file was dl'ing and customers were restarting their servers before it goes to end.

Manually takes ages.

As a mod worked fine since game server is disabled during the process and customer emailed when done.

Archived