COD game configuration file - cant change config name from dedicated.cfg to server.cfg

24play

I have installed the COD game config file, but wanted to have it generate a config file named "server.cfg" and not the default "dedicated.cfg", i have tried changing the 2 settings for the name of the config in the txt file but no joy,

I was just wondering is it possible ?

You can name you config what ever you what (bill, george, bob) aslong as your command line points to that config. If you grab one of the pre made configs from the cofigs thread I think they all use server.cfg as default although you can change it by editing the text before uploading it to your TCAdmin panel.

"aslong as your command line points to that config",

do u mean the

<RELATIVEPATH>/main/dedicated.cfg</RELATIVEPATH> -origional

changed to

<RELATIVEPATH>/main/server.cfg</RELATIVEPATH> -my ver

also have tried changing the <DEFAULTCMDLINE> , so it execs server.cfg, but still no joy, on other game txt files it works just not cod, have included the modded game txt install file (doesnt work but points to server.cfg).

Please could u tell me where im going wrong as this is the only game we cannot get to +exec server.cfg

COD.txt

For some strange reason the original COD game does not like server.cfg. You can name it anything but server.cfg and it works fine.

The original config posted here in the forums has dedicated.cfg in it due to this reason.

For some strange reason the original COD game does not like server.cfg. You can name it anything but server.cfg and it works fine.

The original config posted here in the forums has dedicated.cfg in it due to this reason.

That is because the original server.cfg embedded in one of the pk3 files that will overwrite your server.cfg.

Archived