Building server

potato

create a thread "derek loves Godfather" that will be our new soap ;)

:) , I just put him on ignore list as I can't stand idiots such as him. I have been a hardcore forum whore for about 2 years now, and browse / post in many many forums and it's the first time I have ever put some on ignore list because I couldn't stand reading there posts.

I am also suprised it's the first time and it comes from this forum considering this tends to be one of the most mature forums that I browse & wht.

Glad he put me on the ignore list. Now I can go about helping people and laugh at Derek's face for how much he doesn't know.... but he runs such a huge company, and is so so so smart. He has more technical knowledge than anyone you know guys! According to his quote.... in another topic that should be saved for another day hehe.

But Derek is right guys... This is a mature/business oriented forum and I apologize for how me and Derek both acted. But you won't ever get an apology from him... that's for certain

I still feel sorry for how it kinda changed subjects so I'll just say it again.

1. Learn about building servers and you'll save money.

2. Usually 90% of the time building it yourself will save yourself money then having some company or someone build it for you. If you think otherwise from Derek posts. Go prove you can save money doing that AFTER by researching around and seeing how much it is to do it yourself. (I actually gave the 10% credit to Derek, very very generous and still not true.. but I didn't say that)

3. Take your time, do your homework and ask for advice from others about the parts you pick, their performance and if it's a good match-up for your server. Their are all kinds of resources on the internet for you to use from Forum Boards, websites, and various tutorials

4. Shop around: All kinds of places have coupons, weekly discounts, and free shipping. If you're going to be building servers/desktops a lot in that business. Try to pick the parts up while you get those discounts (if the money isn't really a problem) What you save in the short-run will help your revenue in the long.

5. If you ship a lot with a company: Ask about a discount since you're a good customer - It varies from place to place, and person to person, but I get discounts from UPS and a lot of 'ebayers" usually can get discounts as well. Being a people-person really does help make you more of a 'VIP' member and what not.

Archived