Big Brother Bot

[MyIS]Tim

Yea, I was trying to avoid doing that as its a separate process that doesn't need to run but that is the only real method. They responded to ticket and sadly it just wont work even with python in the PATH variable.

I will still post mine when I'm done. Hoping to try and go beyond just working.

Perhaps combined we can get something awesome working.

A few ideas I had was trying to create a install/uninstall scripts to create a MYSQL database for it and everything.

As far as I am currently.

If they grant access to the variables I will try to automate the database connection automatically.

As of now you need to go in manually and setup the database connection.

I may think a tad about how I want to handle game mods, not sure what method I want to use yet.

This will get you started.

Feel free to work as a team =D

Big Brother Bot.txt

I now have b3 working without the need of a .bat

navigate to your b3 install folder and type:

mklink /h python.exe C:\Python25\python.exe

Set the exe to python.exe

Commandline to b3_run.py -c b3/conf/b3.xml

Symlinking baby, its whats for dinner.

basically you are telling Windows, make a file called python.exe and point it to C:\Python25\python.exe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTFS_symbolic_link

Wish there was a way to do this without having to but, its doesn't waste a task like a .bat does. So you gain a tiny big of resource savings. It may not make a difference if its only a few b3 instances, but as they grow, it will add up.

Edit: It looks like 2k3 machine may require a different command.

Look into fsutil hardlink create

Edited by mikobiko

• 3 months later...

I recommend the B3 Windows Installer no missing around with python and I would use the 1.2.2b for windows installer works on 32 and 64 bit systems or the 1.2.1 .exe is way better than missing around with .bats and python plus smaller like 10MB per install

• 3 months later...
New to this Big Brother Bot, do you need a DB installed on each server B3 is running on or can you link them all to one common DB. I don't want to run MySql on 15 different servers if I don't need to.

Resource issue / secruity issue + a pain in the neck. Not worth offering B3.

If they grant access to the variables I will try to automate the database connection automatically.

I may think a tad about how I want to handle game mods, not sure what method I want to use yet.

I used the win v1.3 install for the files and set up a remote DB and it's working fine with this config. Would be nice to have a script to set up the DB though

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I may be a little late on this, but this is how we do it, we have 2 batch files, one to create and then one to delete. One thing to note, we only allow our B3 to be ran from one server so we can restrict the IP Connections as well as user connections and keep closer tab on the security to the box.

The install Script

mysql -u root -p*root mysql password here without the asterisks* < %userfilespath%b3sqlinstall.bat

the uninstall script

mysql -u root -p*root mysql password here without the asterisks* < %userfilespath%b3sqlremove.bat

The command line for that after the -p for password IS NOT SUPPOSE TO HAVE A SPACE. It will fail to create.

This is the b3sqlinstall.bat:

CREATE DATABASE %hostname%;

GRANT ALL ON %hostname%.* TO %hostname%@'%' IDENTIFIED BY "%rconpassword%";

USE %hostname%;

SOURCE C:/B3/b3.sql;

SOURCE C:/B3/xlrstats.sql;

I have used the hostname to create the username and the database and then rcon password for the password. However, the hostname is one you specifiy, so if you want, for existance the username for the person you are installing this for is bullfrog3459, that would be the hostname. As far as the rcon password, that is up to you to choose from. They will not have access to the mysql database to make changes anyways. I want to illeterate on the GRANT ALL line i have. the part that goes TO %hostname%@'%' this is saying TO <Username>@<all ip addresses>. We have our MySQL Database setup to only allow certain IP's to connect with other security features. Anyone that isnt on the mysql database ACL, the Firewall ACL, and several other ACLs/Protections they will fail to connect.

This is the b3sqlremove.bat:

DROP DATABASE %hostname%;

DROP USER %hostname%;

This on the box then deletes the user and database created.

As far as the b3.xml file for the process, we have 4 separate packages in tcadmin that has the 4 games we support already setup EXCEPT for the only thing and that is the current rcon password to the server.

I have attached one of my example b3.xml files that is set to be a template.

I also have attached my base b3 config file to let all of you use!

I want to explain also that the install and uninstall batch files are readable if they are downloaded from your FTP server; however, restrict the upload of both of those specific files and you should be good to go, just dont use a company use password ;)

Sorry if it is confusing, but it works, and so far no complaints yet!

Thanks,

Jeremiah Shinkle

b3.xml.txt

Big Brother Bot.txt

Edited by bullfrog3459
Forgot to add in additional details

Did anyone ever come up with a script to create the database?

Also, anyway to use WHMCS to automatically set up the b3.xml file?

I wouldn't want B3 to be automated, but with the config i have added up, it could be automated to a point as long as you created seperate configs for the different games, you set a static password to use so that the clients could not set this, and then have WHMCS pull their username to automatically set up the database and username for the connection.

Hope it helps!

Thanks,

Jeremiah Shinkle

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for the work this works a treat with our current setup many thanks:cool

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use