Fraudulent Orders

SickPuppy

Over the past week we have received over $1000 in fraudulent orders. The orders are passing the Credit Card Processing company’s fraud detection. However, we noticed that all of the IP addresses for the orders originated in Tijuana Mexico and all of email addresses were hotmail accounts.

As a policy we call and verify all quarterly, semiannual, and annual orders. The phone numbers for each order were different but they all were forwarded to the same voice mail service.

You can contact me for additional details I can provide names and email address information on the orders.

Good luck getting anything done in Mexico.

Try reporting it to a US bank, it will take you a week to get in touch with there abuse department and then they will just tell you to refund the money and delete the account.

"We don't need the ip address or anything as we receive 100's of fraud claims each week"

Try reporting it to a US bank, it will take you a week to get in touch with there abuse department and then they will just tell you to refund the money and delete the account.

"We don't need the ip address or anything as we receive 100's of fraud claims each week"

I was going under the assumption that the bank and client were both overseas in which case your pretty much screwed on getting anything accomplished.

I find it quite amusing that people actually spend there time doing these fraudulent orders

I mean its effort and time wasted for nothing lol,

That's not true, most of the time, if the company has weak or no protection, or in this case proper protection they can steal thousands worth from the company.

GSP's who don't review orders and have autosetup without accepting the orders are likely to be affected.

That's not true, most of the time, if the company has weak or no protection, or in this case proper protection they can steal thousands worth from the company.

GSP's who don't review orders and have autosetup without accepting the orders are likely to be affected.

I mean like why do they bother wasting there time with the top companys? they've got proper protection review all there orders ect, i would imagine its usually only the companys ran by people that dont know what to do fully that get effected?

I mean like why do they bother wasting there time with the top companys? they've got proper protection review all there orders ect, i would imagine its usually only the companys ran by people that dont know what to do fully that get effected?

You'd be surprised how many "top companies" are ignorant to new orders, they just see money and think, yay! :grin:

Archived