Owned licences, v2, few sales questions

dimitrifrom31

I currently have 1 master and 6 remote licences all leased, was thinking about switching to purchased licences however I got a few doubts :

Is that possible to switch my current monthly leased to purchased, I assume it is but would like to know how (do I have to wait til the end of the month or can it be done at any time? do i have to do it "manually" by not paying the monthly leased and purchasing owned ones?).

Other doubt : When v2 will be available will my owned licence be still available or will I have to purchase new ones?

thx

You can switch to purchased if you like. The best thing to do would be to wait until just before the monthly lisense are due for renewal and then purchase and cancel the monthly licenses.

As far as V2 we have not created any pricing structure yet. However most likely anyone that has owned licenses will get a discounted upgrade price.

ok thx for the info, main question would be about the discount % as it may result not interesting if v2 comes "soon" to purchase a licence now, is there any kind of release date, i mean aproximatively will it be before end of the year, in beginnings of 2010 ?

I honestly dont see v2 for at least another 12 months so it's worth going to a owned licence imo.

The upgrade rate will most likely be the amount of the new V2 license minus the cost of the V1 license.

So if the V2 Master License was set at say $300 then you would pay $100 as an upgrade fee.

Again, these are just hypothetical numbers I am using. Pricing for V2 has not been set yet.

As far as a release date I cannot speculate as Luis is the one doing the coding and he will not give me any sort of timeframe on it.

Archived