Couple Questions on WHMCS Automation

CrimsonGT

As I am finishing setting up WHMCS with TCAdmin I have run into a few questions I am hoping you guys can help me with.

The first is the most important. I filed a support ticket but really didnt get the complete response I was looking for. Basically we are going to be offering mod packages with some servers for an additional price, and it would be very useful to have some way to automate the installation of these with the server based on selected options. The general consensus has been just create seperate packages with the mods installed in them, but considering theres 7 packages right now, and this number will possibly grow soon, that is an insane amount of package combinations per game as they can have any combination of them added. As of right now I am going to have to tell clients who order these packages to file a ticket so we can manually install them. It would be great if we could find someway to automate this. I am wondering if possibly the TCA API is capable of this, or possibly some other method I am not thinking of. Right now I have them installed as mod packages with the "admin only" option selected.

The second question is regarding users. I am wondering how to associate a TCAdmin user with a WHMCS account. When they first signup, obviously they are going to be making a new WHMCS account, but lets say they order a second server later on, how is this going to be associated with their already existing TCAdmin account?

Thanks!

The second question is regarding users. I am wondering how to associate a TCAdmin user with a WHMCS account. When they first signup, obviously they are going to be making a new WHMCS account, but lets say they order a second server later on, how is this going to be associated with their already existing TCAdmin account?

Thanks!

You have to add their client id from WHMCS to the Tcadmin account.

The only way would be to create a new package rar file for each Mod/install you have, this way it will install the whole game with your mods already added in.

If they are logged in when they make the second order it will be added to their account.

The only way would be to create a new package rar file for each Mod/install you have, this way it will install the whole game with your mods already added in.

If they are logged in when they make the second order it will be added to their account.

Basically the same answer I gave him in the support ticket. Maybe he will listen to you???:rolleyes:

Basically the same answer I gave him in the support ticket. Maybe he will listen to you???:rolleyes:

The easiest way to do something like this would be to create seperate packages for each of the plugins so that they get installed along with the game server.

Unfortunately we do not have the time to do any custom coding at the moment.

Kevin O'Donnell

TCAdmin.com

The way I read that response was exactly what you wrote... "the easiest". Nowhere did you address wether TCA API could handle this or not, or say that that was the only method. Also the line that says you dont have time to do custom coding led me to believe it was possibly doable and you just did not have time to do it. So I am kind of wondering why your rolling your eyes...

*Edit*

ANS+Kriszx: Thanks

I guess you missed the part about "Unfortunately we do not have the time to do any custom coding at the moment."

Which would mean the API would not do it without some coding of a module for your specific needs.

Hope that clears it up.

Had another quick question,

Is there anyway to configure TCAdmin with WHMCS to use configurable options for cpu priority level, and which command line option to use? Would be nice not to have to create packages for 66tick and 100tick servers, or variations in server FPS, where its just a simple difference in command line.

Archived