ArmA 2

sArAkUzZa

Hello,

I had request for hosting ArmAII

We never hosted or attempted to host this game so I need your help.

Every information is useful, Is game hard 4 maintenance, and especially what amount of bandwith and cpu/memory it uses.

Currently have 16gb ddrII, 2 x Quad xenons

Please write ur expirience with this game.

Currently hosting 2 servers.

It basically KILLS 1 of your CPU Core maxed out due to the AI.

No matter how many slots or players are on it. If the AI are continuing in the server, it will continue to use the whole core up.

basically on my server it uses 25% of the CPU usage.

for 1 server with 32 slot, the ram is using 500-600 meg of ram.

bandwith is really up on how many players are in that server and how long its running those players. but bandwith for me isn't an issue just yet.

so yeah you should charge a lot for 1 slot for this game. not like $1/slot.

You got different solutions :

Charge "a lot" for the first 10 slots then not much fore each slot added since it wont use much more.

or

Charge "quite much" per slot and charge the ppl using persistent battlefield with an extra $ (persistent battlefield means even when server is empty IA is playing so basically server is still using ressources.

I m charging a per slot amount for all my games so I did same for arma2 but I think it would of been better to apply first solution.

I recomment someething like a i7 to host this game, was hosting it on Xeon Quad core, had 25% CPU charge per server. now on i7 920 it uses around 15%.

Start uploading.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................smoke break...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................:D

this will be show.................................................................................................................................................. ..............................................................................................................I dont smoke.............................................................. ............................................................................................................thanks though............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................dammit I have to get game first.............................................. ........................................................................................................................................................................ ......................................................................I am uploading at 25kbps............................................................................................................................................................... .............................................................................................................................................see ya guys

Archived